SkyscraperCity banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
http://fox6now.com/2016/11/02/americas-25-murder-capitals-milwaukee-has-10th-highest-murder-rate-of-any-american-city/

America’s 25 murder capitals: Milwaukee has 10th highest murder rate of any American city

POSTED 2:40 PM, NOVEMBER 2, 2016, BY KATIE DELONG

MILWAUKEE — Milwaukee police confirmed for FOX6 News there have been 120 homicides in Milwaukee as of November 1st — and according to 24/7 Wall Street, based on the FBI’s most recent “Uniform Crime Report,” Milwaukee has the 10th highest murder rate of any American city.
According to 24/7 Wall Street, there are 24.2 incidents for every 100,000 residents, and Milwaukee saw 145 murders in 2015.
Milwaukee’s murder rate is the second highest in the Midwest — trailing only Detroit, according to 24/7 Wall Street.
The city’s murder rate has spiked 70.6% from half a decade ago — one of the sharpest increases of any U.S. city, according to 24/7 Wall Street’s analysis.
Arguments and fights were the most common motives behind murders in Milwaukee in 2015, followed closely by robberies.
Robberies are more likely in financially distressed areas, and in Milwaukee, 29.4% of the population lives in poverty, nearly double the national rate.
In 2015, there were 624 robberies in Milwaukee for every 100,000 residents, the third highest rate of any U.S. city — according to 24/7 Wall Street.
Here is 24/7 Wall Street’s Top 25 list of the cities with the highest murder rates:

·
Registered
320 Posts
This ^^ is based upon the FBI's Uniform Crime Report last year. As far as Murder Capitals in in the US, Chicago ranked 24th....yet was in the news for crime almost daily. You figure that one out :eek:kay:

·
Registered
545 Posts
This ^^ is based upon the FBI's Uniform Crime Report last year. As far as Murder Capitals in in the US, Chicago ranked 24th....yet was in the news for crime almost daily. You figure that one out :eek:kay:
Ranked 24th in what terms? Chicago has a terrible violent-crime problem no matter what technical-way you look at it from. Chicago must be higher than 24th place in terms of major cities (~100-250k cities really should not count when comparing). I may be wrong, but I would be seriously surprised if Chicago wasnt in the top 20, at least. I love Chicago, but if we try and cover up the terrible problems that it faces, said problems will never be solved.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Ranked 24th in what terms? Chicago has a terrible violent-crime problem no matter what technical-way you look at it from. Chicago must be higher than 24th place in terms of major cities (~100-250k cities really should not count when comparing). I may be wrong, but I would be seriously surprised if Chicago wasnt in the top 20, at least. I love Chicago, but if we try and cover up the terrible problems that it faces, said problems will never be solved.
Statistics don't lie my friend. 24th in murders! And the statistics quoted above are indeed "FBI statistics" - the agency in charge of law enforcement in this country. Just because the media (and our new President) tells you something, that does not necessarily make it the truth. You must dig deeper. Go back to the previous page and there you will see more posts from me laying out more facts, figures and the reason why Chicago is now in the eye of the media and our new President.

In short, its politics my friend -- Chicago is figuratively Barack Obama -- its the place he proudly calls "his hometown". A dig at Chicago is a dig at the Ex.President -- they are linked together in this false narrative about rampant crime.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Statistics don't lie my friend. 24th in murders! And the statistics quoted above are indeed "FBI statistics" - the agency in charge of law enforcement in this country. Just because the media (and our new President) tells you something, that does not necessarily make it the truth. You must dig deeper. Go back to the previous page and there you will see more posts from me laying out more facts, figures and the reason why Chicago is now in the eye of the media and our new President.

In short, its politics my friend -- Chicago is figuratively Barack Obama -- its the place he proudly calls "his hometown". A dig at Chicago is a dig at the Ex.President -- they are linked together in this false narrative about rampant crime.

This propaganda-tier "statistic" bullshit that you seem so keen to buy into is one of, if not THE, most significant reason as to why Chicago is currently as ravaged by violent crime as it is. And Barack Obama really is not a true Chicagoan. He is much more of a Hawaiian and a New Yorker. Furthermore, after his inept 8 years of leadership, Im rather glad that he isnt a real Chicagoan. If you actually cared about Chicago and were a real Chicagoan, you would admit the fact that Chicago is facing many dire issues.

·
Registered
320 Posts
This propaganda-tier "statistic" bullshit that you seem so keen to buy into is one of, if not THE, most significant reason as to why Chicago is currently as ravaged by violent crime as it is. And Barack Obama really is not a true Chicagoan. He is much more of a Hawaiian and a New Yorker. Furthermore, after his inept 8 years of leadership, Im rather glad that he isnt a real Chicagoan. If you actually cared about Chicago and were a real Chicagoan, you would admit the fact that Chicago is facing many dire issues.
Read carefully.... Barack Obama proudly calls Chicago "his hometown".

My opinion, your opinion or anyone else's opinion makes no difference. A man has the inalienable right to call any place he wants "his hometown".

And please, stop it with the dramatics. The statistics don't lie. Contrary to what you, Donald Trump and some in the media might want to believe, crime is NOT out of control in Chicago. Is it too high in some small areas? Yes. Is it too high in america, period? Yes.

Is Chicago number 1 in murders? No. Does Chicago rank in the top 10 or even the top 20? No. Chicago ranks a good ways down the list - number 24 to be exact - and the FBI statistics I have provided conclusively show that.

·
I Love Chicago!
5,789 Posts
I am saddened to hear such terrible things about the place I call home. Hopefully, something will be done to solve this issue and make Chicago a better place for everyone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree that the system is not 100% flawless, and it is of the utmost importance that reforms are made to make sure that no more innocent people are executed. However, you and the poster above you casually claim that "the death penalty does not work" and that "it never has"....and your only basis for this argument more or less involved you claiming to know the exact mindset of every murderer out there - as you stated in an absolute manner that "murderers act on their emotions, not on reason".

First of all, common sense would tell us that while this is true for almost all crimes of passion, it is untrue for many, if not most premeditated murders. Premeditated murder requires reasoning to carry out the murder as well as reasoning for committing the murder, although extremely twisted reasoning to be sure....like the person who murders their spouse to cash in on their life insurance, like the person in the mafia who does a mob hit, or a gang member who kills someone else in a rival gang, or the rapist or burglar who kills their victim because they don't want to risk being turned in if they spare the life of their victim.

But secondly, and more importantly, you and many others often seem to authoritatively assert that Capital Punishment is not a deterrence to murders whatsoever....without providing any sort of data or statistics to back that assertion up. Below is a link that makes a pretty strong argument that Capital Punishment is indeed a deterrence to some extent:

http://www.wesleylowe.com/deathpenaltygraph2.jpg

And while yes, many animals' rights, including right to life are not protected by US law, to say that no animals' rights are protected by US law is completely false. If you disagree with me, feel free to give Michael Vick a ring.

I can see both sides of the issue (pro and con). Yet you make a case for your side of the argument that is about as well-stated as it can be stated. Good food-for-thought.

·
Registered
N830MH
1,365 Posts
I am saddened to hear such terrible things about the place I call home. Hopefully, something will be done to solve this issue and make Chicago a better place for everyone.
You have to move away. You can move to Arizona. We have a nice weather. You can move there. Forget Chicago! Chicago is too violence and it's too extremely dangerous city.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
That list is based on per capita. Chicago is always in the news because it's the biggest city with a big time murder problem. Moreover, Chicago is a real life living example of why the left's push for more gun laws won't work. They know they won't work. It's symbolic BS as are their 60 years or failed policies. A disarmed honest society results in bigger and more powerful government. The foundation of the democrats.

It's not a gun problem. There are already stringent gun laws on the books that make it nearly impossible for a citizen with a clear record to carry concealed.

All of these leftist run high crime cities have a culture problem, thug problem, family unit problem, blame problem, entitlement problem and discipline problem.

You left leaning urban heroes need to wake the F up and stop getting insight and marching orders from CNN, Hollywood and bumper stickers. You, the blacks and other coddled "victims" are being used by the democrats in their multi-societal power grab.

Join their cocoon of utopia and all you have to do is give up your income and your vote. They will do the rest. They know what's best for you. They sell their fake altruism and you buy into because it makes you emotional. That's wonderful but it's time to stop feeling and start thinking. It's time to be independent.

·
Registered
320 Posts
http://www.chicagobusiness.com/artic...-safest-cities

October 12, 2017

Chicago ranked one of world's safest cities

Despite a tarnished reputation for gun violence, Chicago was ranked today as one of the safest cities in the world.

The Economist Intelligence Unit, a London-based research firm that provides business analysis and forecasting, named Chicago on its 2017 Safe Cities Index, citing its advances in digital security. The annual ranking assesses 60 cities from around the world by four factors: personal safety, health security, digital security and the safety of infrastructure.

Chicago, ranked as the 19th-safest in the world, was one of only three cities representing the U.S. in the top 20. It includes San Francisco (15th) and Los Angles (18th). Tokyo, Singapore and Osaka topped the list, an order that has remained unchanged since 2015. The complete list is below.

·
Registered
320 Posts
According to today (4/2/18).... CNN

Chicago sees drop in killings and shootings for 13 consecutive months

Chicago killings and shootings continue to dip in Chicago, a city long plagued by gun violence, according to crime figures released Sunday.

March marked the 13th consecutive month of declining gun violence, the Chicago Police Department said. Shootings dipped 17% and murders dropped 25% compared to March 2017, figures show...........

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/01/us/chicago-crime-drop-march/index.html

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
It's not a gun problem. There are already stringent gun laws on the books that make it nearly impossible for a citizen with a clear record to carry concealed.

All of these leftist run high crime cities have a culture problem, thug problem, family unit problem, blame problem, entitlement problem and discipline problem.
What helps gun laws in Chicago if other counties don't have them?

In Europe gunlaws do work. Gun violence in the US is pathetic, we don't have this in Europe on this level.

A disarmed honest society results in bigger and more powerful government. The foundation of the democrats.
The US is more a police state than many other countries. A strong governement is not one of police and prisons but of decent public schools, students without dept and public health.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I think the murder rate is up 34% on last year. The shootings rate up over 40%. It's tragic. The city gets terrible publicity.........the only - admittedly dreadful - silver lining being that other big cities get similarly awful stats and publicity.

81 - 100 of 100 Posts