SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
10,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My trip to Chicago, train journey to Buffalo and then a taxi ride across the border to niagra Falls and then Toronto followed by a last night in Chicago before flying home.

We arrived lateish and couldnt find a taxi after getting off the train from the airport (rush hour) so had to walk in the pouring rain to the hotel. here is the view, somewhere in the gloom is the Sears Tower!

Classic Chicago river architectural trip

Was really impressed by the scale of this building

·
Registered
10,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you^^

Loved this area, quite unique and very modern. They were practasing do went for a hot dog...or rather a chicago style hot dog. I think the definition of Chicago style is lots more of everything whether its need/wanted or not lol

This stretch of historic buildings reminded me of the bund in Shanghai

Love this building

·
Registered
10,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thansk for the comments, very easy to organise Nightsky so i would go for it if i was you!

Rush hour on the bridges

View from my balcony once the mists cleared up

unbelievable number of people going to the museums!

·
Registered
meow
6,029 Posts
Chicago. IMO the most beautiful city in North America. It changes radically from winter to summer heh (I was there in the winter), but still looks awesome. The building-canyon in the Chicago river is really jawdropping. I couldn't get out of that place.

Thank you for the pics, let's see what you got from TO too. :cool:

·
Registered
10,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bnk - this was 09, just taken me a while to upload

Thanks Christos, always nice to have apreciation for the time it takes to post pics

Nightsky - it is as expensive as you want it to be, if you are in the states then flying wont cost too much but the train journey can be cheap with simply sleeping in reclining seats or you can get a cabin like i did (I had second from best which was ample but he one above was twice the size).

schmidt - i agree that Chicago is my favourite USA city so far (i have others to see), its a nice mix of big city but isnt too large (like New york) that you feel unconnected to it, but then i always rate cities similar sized to Chicago higher than bigger cities (except London :) ). I would also say that the river goes a long way to give me that impression, its Chicagos trump card.

Thanks to everyone for your kind comments, now more pics

Weather was alot better

Unfortunately the glass deck opened a week after i left, but the views were still great

·
Blue Collar Bigwig
1,905 Posts
^^ It actually sits on a lake.....

1 - 20 of 57 Posts