Height: 630ft
Floor count: 60
Architect: Handel & Associates
Developer: Related Midwest

Current design (Handel Architects)

Previous design (DeStephano Partners)

Pic from: http://www.cgarchitect.com

the site as it exists today (taken by Steely Dan):

OLD WATERVIEW HOTEL DESIGN**********CANCELLED**********OLD WATERVIEW HOTEL DESIGN*********CANCELLED

·
Registered
76,412 Posts
gee, yet another one to add to 300m+ diagrams. atleast this is in chicago not dubai.lol
nice design. love the sleek lines and overall shape.
thanks

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
This will be one world class skyscraper!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, yeah I know its not "officially". I know Chicagoans dont believe nothing is under construction until cassions are drilled but thats why I put preliminary stages of construction. I mean its the most progress we've seen on this thing. Plus with the ceremonial groundbreaking happening in a couple weeks, its safe to say it is.

Plus I wanted my first thread to be on Waterview. And I wanted to start one on it before you did. Bite me. :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love the night rendering and I wanted to post it but couldnt find it. Thanks.

Edit: I put those numbers because they were nice round numbers.

Edit2: When did the roof height change?

·
Expert
6,905 Posts
The roof height has always hoovered around there I believe. I think for accuracy's sake a mod should change the title, not to mention consistency. You beat me to the punch, as I was hoping to make this topic but waiting for the official word :)

Also, it's a bit surprising that not as many people know of this tower considering how old it really is.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think the Waterview tower will become the star of the chicago skyline. This tower IMO deserves as much attention (if not more) then the Trump Tower. The Waterview's got the height without all the ego you'll find in the Trump Tower

·
Civilization
2,713 Posts
That made my day! It looks so modern. I like box shaped buildings!

·
Expert
6,905 Posts
Can a mod please change the title to reflect accuracy?

BVictor1 said:
View from lower Wacker Drive - 2006-1-7

Machinery removing steel and wooden barriers, as well as excavating the site - 2006-1-7

Steel and wooden barriers fronting lower Wacker Drive that need to be removed - 2006-1-7

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Very, very nice! Suits Chicago much better than that Calavatra-thing. Congrats!!! :cheers:

1 - 20 of 1982 Posts