Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These last few warm days really got me to thinking about how great summer is in the city. Was wondering if people could share pictures of parks in Chicago? Here is my contribution:

North end of Art Institute

Belmont Harbor

Old Bird Sanctuary north of Zoo

Zoo

Fullerton Point

Formal English (Lincoln Park)

Grant Park

Lincoln Park

Contrary to urban myth Lincoln is in Lincoln Park

·
Registered
406 Posts
^ Well there's more than one Lincoln, I believe. But the "Standing Lincoln", which is considered the most accurate representation of him anywhere (including the Lincoln Memorial) is in Lincoln Park.

I've got photos, but I don't have webspace. I'm also interested in seeing more pictures of other parks (Jackson, Washington, Humboldt, Garfield). I've never even been to Humboldt Park.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chi-town said:
^ Well there's more than one Lincoln, I believe. But the "Standing Lincoln", which is considered the most accurate representation of him anywhere (including the Lincoln Memorial) is in Lincoln Park.
Cool...the myth I keep hearing is Grant is located in Lincoln Park and Lincoln is located in Grant Park. But there of course is a Lincoln in both parks.

·
Registered
406 Posts
RafflesCity said:
very nice pics

parks really add a lot to a city's attractiveness. They should plant more trees in the city!
Chicago has an immense number of trees, actually. Besides some commercial areas of the Loop, the entire city has a green canopy, which is why it doesn't look as dense at it really is except in winter.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Another thing RafflesCity, if you're not aware, one of Daley's hallmarks is the median stuffed with greenery on the boulevards in Chicago. As its getting warmer, maybe an actual Chicago dweller can post some pics of some of these medians. I'd be interested to see how the relatively new one on Indiana looks, and the one on west Madison or west washington.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.