SkyscraperCity banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everytime I think of Chicago people...white Europeans come to mind. As I look at the Chicago demographic info...there's 1 million blacks and 700,000 latinos. I can't picture Chicago with a million black people or 700,000 latinos.

I also hear Chicago is a ghetto city. Anyone has any gritty pictures of Chicago that people don't see on TV? I know Chicago has a lot of ghettos...can I see some pictures so I can finally get a grasp of what Chicago inner city is more like? Thank you

·
Banned
492 Posts
PhillyPhilly90 said:
Everytime I think of Chicago people...white Europeans come to mind. As I look at the Chicago demographic info...there's 1 million blacks and 700,000 latinos. I can't picture Chicago with a million black people or 700,000 latinos.

I also hear Chicago is a ghetto city. Anyone has any gritty pictures of Chicago that people don't see on TV? I know Chicago has a lot of ghettos...can I see some pictures so I can finally get a grasp of what Chicago inner city is more like? Thank you
What's with all the Philly forumer hate for Chicago? Should we be flattered out here in the Midwest?

·
Registered
812 Posts
I hear Philly is a ghetto city. Can some one show pics of the Philly ghettos??
:sleepy:

Where is this crap coming from? Honestly, this Philly attitude toward Chicago is just fucking bizarre. Chicago doesnt have alot of ghettos. It probably has more than Philly due to size, but NYC and LA have more than Chicago.
Philly is more unstable overall than Chicago is so get off it.

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
If you want to get the real chicago, then you have to fly out of philly and discover yourself!
Every big cities in US or in the world all have ghetto areas in their inner city. It is a part of city that show lots of history, I suggest that you visit some of them and get a feel what it is like for people to live there!

·
Registered
207 Posts
PhillyPhilly90 said:

^ chicago doesnt have ghettos. you've been misinformed. we are the best city ever. ;)

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
Rivernorth said:
^ chicago doesnt have ghettos. you've been misinformed. we are the best city ever. ;)
:runaway:

·
Registered
121 Posts
I think this guys a racist a**hole looking to stir up sh*t

PhillyPhilly90 said:

Do you dislike white Europeans or something? The way you talk you sound like you think somewhere is a bad place to live if there is white people there ya racist a**hole

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
PhillyPhilly90 said:
What? Thats really what you pictured? You didnt know Chicago had alot of minorities? This isnt some whitebread suburb we are talking about, its a huge city of course it has alot of blacks and hispanics!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I find it humorous that a forumer from PHILLY of all places would be interested in exposing another cities "ghettos". Especially that of a true "world-class" city like Chicago. :bash:

·
Banned
757 Posts
PhillyPhilly90 said:

JUst another toonce from philly......what b eeen going there lately .....

.....get off your brother, he isn't a love toy .....an check back into reality

·
Banned
9,194 Posts
PhillyPhilly90 said:
that's funny. chicago is getting so gentrified and so redeveloped that one of our biggest fears is that the poor will be squeezed out. it is also disturbing how damned white the gentrified areas are.

if there are issues about Chicago's future demographics, it won't be about ghettoes as much as the city being a place for the rich...and for whites. now those are real concerns.

·
Banned
9,194 Posts
PhillyPhilly90 said:

Your raise some excellent points here, philly, and seem to understand our city well. It is sad how ghetto oriented Chicago is and how much of what happens in our city only happens in "the Hood".

This is a serious problem in Chicago, but other cities have problems, too:

• New York tends to shut down after 8:00 pm, with little for folks to do
• San Francisco's total lack of deversity and tollerance makes it rather boring
• Orlando just can't compete with other Florida cities because of the lack of fun things to do
• Boston could be a more interesting city if it had some sense of history and historical context
• I feel sorry for Spanish speaking folks who don't speak English if they go to Miami....nobody will be able to converse with them.
• I've traveled the nation, but the only city I have found where I can't get a decent cup of coffee is Seattle

·
1981 Civic
2,911 Posts
This thread can be summed up in one word: Wow.

Are you some kind of racist a**hole who doesnt get a grasp of what makes up cities? Diversity and ghettoes are what makes a city a city. Especially in a world class city like Chicago, because of all the tons of history behind it and the beautification/gentrification going on right now.

You would think someone from Philadelphia would know what the real inner city is like. Of course Chicago has no inner city or ghettoes, and possibly cant compete on the level of world class Philadelphia in that regard. ;)

·
Banned
492 Posts
edsg25 said:
that's funny. chicago is getting so gentrified and so redeveloped that one of our biggest fears is that the poor will be squeezed out. it is also disturbing how damned white the gentrified areas are. if there are issues about Chicago's future demographics, it won't be about ghettoes as much as the city being a place for the rich...and for whites. now those are real concerns.
Sorry, but that will never happen. Chicago has way too many minorities living in the city-proper for a white majority to EVER occur. Plus, there will always be a ton of working-class, affordable areas, at least on the South Side. As usual, you speak soley from a North Side perspective. Less than 1 million do not speak for the other nearly 2 million, okay? BTW, is money reserved for whites only?

What's really interesting is what's going on in South Side neighborhoods like Kenwood, Oakland, Woodlawn, Washington Park and Bronzeville. Projects are going down and vacant lots are filling up. Retail options are increasing but still woefully lacking. It's too bad because a lot of money flows out of these neighborhoods all the way to the North Side.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.