SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was cheakin out the sister site- SSP and under the chicago/fantasy section it shows 3 dif. buildings. but what caught my attention was that for this one tower they called "Chicago Super Tower" it had 30 different ideas for this one building when you would usualy see one or mabey two! so i was wondering what the deal was with this one. was this tower ever up for some seriouse descution or is someone just board? heres the 30 dif. options ,all 677.3 meters tall!! :
SSP-diagrams

·
What'u smokin' Willis?
2,097 Posts
The fantasy buildings are just made up buildings created by the illustrators at SSP.

·
What'u smokin' Willis?
2,097 Posts
#2 is cool, but my favorite is the one by Vaidas.

Though the giant black banana has its charms...

·
Registered
436 Posts
I like alot of those drawings too. But as was pointed out, they are purely the creation of the artist that drew them. They aren't meant to be taken as anything but 'art' basically.

·
C.B.P.
1,188 Posts
Some are just a little plain. :dunno:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Oooold topic, but I'd rather not post a new one.
I kinda "rediscovered" this little gem... I like Vaidas, and the three by Supertall and Kelvin Fields at the end of page one... Very pretty. Some of them are pretty far out there. There's a line between creative and bored. I think Kelvin Fields' is CREATIVE, while Someformofhuman's and the designs by Eduardo are BORED. I think they tried to hard to be creative by making wild-looking designs, and ended up making something that just looks ridiculous. Those wild designs may be striking, but not memorable. The Andy Macey designs, IMHO, exhibit excellent creativity while still maintaining a sense of architecture... like, not just scribbles on paper. Does anyone agree with me, or am I out on a limb?

·
Banned
9,194 Posts
#2: The Bush-Chenney Prepetual Tower Building
(or perhaps the Hummer Building)

#17: Cleveland's Terminal Tower comes to Chicago for refurbishing...and steroids

1 - 13 of 13 Posts