SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey again, everyone!

Here's part two of my second day in Chicago in the summer of 2013!

Featured here are night shots from mainly around the Chicago River, Wacker Drive, Michigan Avenue, and parts of River East and River North.

I did not use a tripod for any of these pictures, but they amazingly turned out good after tinkering without the camera settings. I took all these pictures after the Tigers/White Sox game at U.S. Cellular Field.

Here we go!

Found myself on State Street…

After getting off at Lake station on CTA Red Line State Street subway, encountered the landmark Chicago Theater…

Marina City

River North

IBM Tower

Jewelers' Building and 1 East Wacker Drive

Chicago River

Trump International Tower

Wrigley Building and Tribune Tower from the Chicago Riverwalk

Great shots of the Wrigley Building with the Trump Tower behind…

Looking north on Michigan Avenue towards the Intercontinental Hotel and in the distance, you'll see the John Hancock Building down to the left...

Views of the Chicago River cityscape from the Michigan Avenue bridge

Aon Center and Two Prudential Plaza

Looking up at Two Prudential Plaza

Looking up at Aon Center

Blue Cross/Blue Shield Building

Looking up @ Aqua

Radisson Blu Aqua Entrance

My room at night...

Binging on just about everything this week, 312 Urban Wheat Ale (one of the best beers I have ever tasted), Cherry Coke, Doritos, Water, and leftover Gino's East Deep Dish Pizza!

View from my room @ night...

This is the life, Cherry Coke and leftover deep dish pizza while watching late night WGN-TV in Chicago!

Hope you all enjoyed this part!

Coming soon… Navy Pier, Tigers/White Sox game 2, Wrigley Field, Cubs/Reds game, Gold Coast, Hyde Park/Kenwood, University...

·
18,091 Posts
Nice pictures. I think part of the reason your night pictures turned out well is because of all of the light pollution in Chicago. I remember taking night pictures 5 years ago, and mine came out great on a crappy camera. It seemed like it was half-light outside, there was so much artificial light.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice pictures. I think part of the reason your night pictures turned out well is because of all of the light pollution in Chicago. I remember taking night pictures 5 years ago, and mine came out great on a crappy camera. It seemed like it was half-light outside, there was so much artificial light.
That's true, I remember that happening with my Fujifilm S1000 camera. This time I was using a Canon EOS Rebel 3 DSLR camera, which I think definitely helps...

BTW, I lowered the resolution of my pictures to help those with trouble downloading all pictures since there are so many of them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts