SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey again!

Continuing with the highlights of my Summer 2013 trip to Chicago, here's part three of my fourth day in Chicago, which covers the Gold Coast, North Town, and after taking in a show @ the Second City, took some more night pictures, this time of the loop.

Looking up at my hotel, the Radisson Blu in the Aqua skyscraper

River North

Gibsons Steakhouse, exterior shots are featured on "The League" a TV dramedy about football airing on FX.

Carmine's, where I ate dinner...

Decided to once again enjoy the nice weather and eat outside...

I talked briefly with this group of gentleman who were at the Tigers/White Sox game. They were visiting from Grand Rapids, Michigan.

Fried Calamari as an appetizer… I'm just about in heaven...

Veal Saltimbocca with a side of pasta... OMG, it was soooo delicious. I can now see why Chicago was named the "Best Restaurant city in the United States".

After dinner, off walking through the Gold Coast...

The historic James Charnley House, designed by Louis Sullivan and Frank Lloyd Wright (who worked for Sullivan's firm at the time), built in 1892.

North Town

Chicago History Museum...

The Second City Theatre, Chicago is where the Second City comedy franchise originated

North Town at night...

Loop at night...

State Street at night...

Theatre District...

Thompson Center

Chicago City Hall

Willis Tower

Hope you enjoyed! Coming soon… Kenwood, Hyde Park, John Hancock Center, Michigan Avenue @ night

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice pictures. That Wright house is really nice. I always assumed that Wright did his work in Oak Park.
Wright did a lot of his works in Oak Park, including his famous own house and museum. He did a few in Chicago proper, though, you'll see a couple of them in my Hyde Park tour.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts