SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Chicago Trip Photo Tour (Summer 2013): Day 5, Part 1: East Hyde Park

Hey Chicago forumers and everyone!

Here is the first part of my fifth and final day in Windy City during my massive Summer 2013 Midwest U.S. trip! This part of the Chicago trip takes me to Chicago's south side, mainly to east Hyde Park and a part of the Kenwood neighborhood.

Without further ado, let's get started…

Started in the loop… before getting on the Metra train...

Aon Center

Looking back at my hotel, the Radisson Blu in the Aqua building up Columbus Drive

The fountain in front of the Aon Center

Finally made it to Kenwood...

Looking up at the famous Regents Park apartment complex...

The Chicago Landmark art-deco Powhatan Apartment Building

Hyde Park Art Center

Harold Washington Park in Kenwood, named after Chicago's first African-American mayor, the late Harold Washington

Hope you enjoyed it! Coming soon… Hyde Park, University of Chicago, John Hancock Center, Michigan Avenue

·
Registered
229 Posts
It was once one of the city's most affluent neighbourhoods and today, it contains some of largest single-family dwellings in all of Chicago.
And you didnt take a single photograph of any of them? Kenwood is a treasure trove of 19th century architecture, opulent single family estates, classic row houses, and jumbo multi family buildings... and I hate to say it, but judging by your pictures, you were never even in the "real" Kenwood, cross the tracks next time!

Otherwise, great pictures of East Hyde Park.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And you didnt take a single photograph of any of them? Kenwood is a treasure trove of 19th century architecture, opulent single family estates, classic row houses, and jumbo multi family buildings... and I hate to say it, but judging by your pictures, you were never even in the "real" Kenwood, cross the tracks next time!

Otherwise, great pictures of East Hyde Park.
I realized that just now. I didn't know Kenwood was that much bigger. I think I realize now I wasn't even in Kenwood. Next time I will cross the boundaries a lot more. Being a first time visitor to this area of Chicago, I guess I just didn't know where everything was.

·
Registered
229 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts