Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered Menace
2,851 Posts
Amazing, as always.

was wondering if you would be willing to share some of your secrets as to how you always make such amazing hdr's. really im just wondering about processing tips because i know you have an amazing camera. but if you had some basic camera tricks to setting up a nice hdr I would also be willing to hear those as well.

·
16,957 Posts
Fabulous pics Kevin. What happened to your lightworks thread?

·
muted
7,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, everyone Glad you like the photos.

Amazing, as always.

was wondering if you would be willing to share some of your secrets as to how you always make such amazing hdr's. really im just wondering about processing tips because i know you have an amazing camera. but if you had some basic camera tricks to setting up a nice hdr I would also be willing to hear those as well.
I try not to go overboard with HDR. I want to give the photo something extra without getting too extreme. In Photomatix, I keep the "Strength" setting below 20. Saturation is usually between 60-80 because I like colorful shots. I also use the Shadows/Highlights and Brightness/Contrast tools in Photoshop to further adjust contrast and color if needed.

Absolutely amazing!

Did you use a TSE lense or do perspective correction in Photoshop?
The first shot was taken with a 24mm tilt-shift, but the rest have perspective correction applied to them. I'll be getting the 17mm tilt-shift in a few weeks.

great great photos.
do you usually used tripod specially those night shots?
Yes, always. I also use a remote release cable and my camera's timer to further minimize camera shake.

Fabulous pics Kevin. What happened to your lightworks thread?
Here is the link: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1140979&highlight=lightworks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts