·
responsible content
451 Posts
looking good

·
Expert
6,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The official website still says 92 floors - are you privy to any inside info Spyguy?
I think Emporis recently changed it to 96 floors, and the people who go over the blueprints and whatnot are usually very thorough. Perhaps before the change they did not consider some levels as floors :dunno:

·
Chicago's #1 Fan
2,334 Posts
I couldn't help myself. Here are some shots from yesterday. I was basically trying to study the texture of the building in a different lighting condition. That is what I like about the glass thus far, and glad that it's being installed now. Like Steely said, it is a moody building because of the glass.

Tell me what you think?

View to east down Hubbard Street - 2006-11-27

I didn't realize until yesterday that it appears 2 floors are being built at the same time.

Formwork for two levels - 2006-11-27

Pouring concrete into formwork to form a column - 2006-11-27

Parking structure's interaction with the building - 2006-11-27

The reflection of 330 North Wabash on the glass facade being installed on Trump Tower - 2006-11-27

I'm liking the texture of this building
View to the east of the rising northwest glass face - 2006-11-27

View from the riverwalk - 2006-11-27

View to the east at the rising glass facade - 2006-11-27

Top of the parking ramp

·
Registered
778 Posts
Can anyone get a pic from above of the setback, im not sure if theres a building on that side though.

·
Chicago's #1 Fan
2,334 Posts
Can somebody explain the glass in the last pic being right over the ramp?

when I first saw it, it confused the hell out of me as well, be it's just the roof of the ramp.

as for getting better images of the setback, that would be quite difficult. directly to the east is the wrigley building and to the north, there is a residential building.

1 - 20 of 6636 Posts