Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trump Tower
Chicago

Height: Roof 343m, 1125ft; Spire 415m, 1360ft
Floors: 92
Architect: Skidmore, Owings & Merril
Developer: Trump International

Official Website: http://www.trumpchicago.com/

- If you include the spire, this will become the 2nd tallest building in North America.

- The architect is Adrian Smith of the Chicago office of Skidmore, Owings & Merril, who also designed the Jin Mao Tower in Shanghai.

- The sale value of the apartments when complete will total about $1.1 billion.

- Construction officially began with drilling of first caisson on March 17, 2005.

·
skippedybeebop
200 Posts
is that the building that the guy who won the original american 'Apprentice' show, got do be the manager of development or something?

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
danJonze87 said:
is that the building that the guy who won the original american 'Apprentice' show, got do be the manager of development or something?
Yep, that's the one. :)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Thats one hell of a building! It'l change the chicago skyline quite dramatically. Hopefully for the better.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Construction Update

I nicked these photos from the chicago forum. Thanks to BVictor and others for the photos:

·
Banned
4,217 Posts
Its changed, the new offical height is 1362 ft. Meaning the 5th tallest building in the world if it was finished today(if the petronas was counted as one).
Chicago will get 4 of the 5 tallest building in the western hemisphere.

·
It's Sting. So What?
32,693 Posts
Trump's the bloke with the dodgy combover which he has tried to turn into a new trend for the past few decades...

The tower is good but I just hate Trump dominating everything. He even set up his own university! He built his own little town in New York which me and made friend nicknamed Trumpton. He needs a break otherwise this planet is going to be come Property of Trump.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Trump's the bloke with the dodgy combover which he has tried to turn into a new trend for the past few decades...

The tower is good but I just hate Trump dominating everything. He even set up his own university! He built his own little town in New York which me and made friend nicknamed Trumpton. He needs a break otherwise this planet is going to be come Property of Trump.
:lol::lol:

·
actual gherkin
13,931 Posts
I always have a look at this one when I'm browsing the World Forums. It's great how fast the cladding is chasing the steelwork up the core :)

·
It's Sting. So What?
32,693 Posts
She looks gorgeous, or maybe that was the pictures which are great!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts