Votes: 31 1.3%
  • 3 ->

Votes: 113 4.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 2969 Posts

·
Banned
51 Posts
I admit Chicago is almost everything a skyscraper fan would ever ask for (excluding a bit creativity probably). But architecturally it is a bit overrated IMHO. I live here, and I often have to wonder if all buildings going up have been drawn by the same architect. Little experimenting takes place here. Just the conservative stuff.

·
Don't be that guy!
1,097 Posts
well, Chicago looks great next to the clear blue waters of Lake Michigan. GO BLACKHAWKS

8.5/10

·
Registered
108 Posts
A skyline pioneer that deserves nothing less than a 10. Also, having one of the world's tallest structures automatically brings it above a 9 (now don't go saying "If the Sears Tower were placed in Fargo, would you give that skyline a 9 too?" You know what I mean!).

What a skyline! :master:

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
one of the best skylines in the world...if that first pic doesn't convince you nothing will!!...and it's still growing!....70 some odd buildings over 500 ft/152m is nothing to sneeze at....i've always loved Chicago's skyline...impressive....10/10.

T

·
0 Posts
Chicago is the bomb hickity shickity diggity wiggity!!:D :D
One of the best skylines in the world!!!! I love it. I hope they dont mess it up. Every building is nicely in place and the architecture along the mag mile and river are just amazing!!:banana: :eek: :D

I love it!!!:D :cool: :D
Great job with the pics, Rainer!:eek:kay:

·
born again cyclist
3,659 Posts
this is an unquestioned 10 in my opinion. chicago is second only
to NYC in terms of the story of the skyscraper and the skyline. it
is one of the originators of the form. doing something first, while
the rest of the world merely imitates you, still counts for
something. sometimes you just can't beat an original.

chicago is an original skyline, and it most definitely is a 10/10.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
A perfect ten. It's the only humongous skyline that doesn't crowd out too many buildings. It's near perfect in its proportions of size, depth, and height. A model for all skylines around the world.

G

·
0 Posts
its certainly impressive in size but i dont like it very much. although the culmulative effect of the buildings is awe inspiring as is the size look at them - they are mostly concrete or glass boxes with little inspiration or imagination. the general standard of quality is comparable to the dreary heron quays buildings in canary wharf. imagine that for the whole skyline with a couple of black box peaks... no thanks. frankly its overrated with the likes of new york, hong kong and shanghai winning hands down with me. at least they have plenty of imagination. its also ironic to read people talking about the history, youre looking at a city that invented skyscrapers and yet demolished many of its earliest examples to build those dreary blocks im complaining about.

1 - 20 of 2969 Posts