Skyscraper City Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Not a bad looking buidling at all. I really like the color it gives it that colligate look. This site is currently a surface lot correct? And when is the expect ground breaking and occupancy dates if anyone knows?

·
Live from the Loop
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I honestly don't remember what was at the site before... but, ground has already been broken (I think about 2 months ago). Occupancy should be within the next 24 months or so?

·
Chicago's #1 Fan
2,334 Posts
They're had a few issues with this project. There is an old water tunnel that runs under the site, and they had problems getting around it. One of the caisson holes flooded sometime last month. I heard that they forgot to put in a couple of caissons for the building that the tower crane was supposed to rest on.

There have been some problems.

·
Live from the Loop
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In this day and age... it never ceases to amaze what a little human stupidity can do to a relatively simple project like this one :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
i don't know.... i mean its a decent building. but for a university especially a chicago one why not go little out there design wise and being able to get away with it i think.

i think they missed the boat on this one though they have a solid chance to building something of architectural significance but didn't.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.