SkyscraperCity banner

461 - 480 of 516 Posts

·
It was aliens
4,576 Posts
I say we forget about the flooded site and just combine this tower with the South one for a nice 1500+ footer. When life gives you lemons make lemonade right?

·
It was aliens
4,576 Posts
You people are funny... the water has been drained/pumped out already.
Ha, yea. A bit over exaggerated perhaps, but if they have to replace those excavators (maybe they're fine?) and other equipment or wait until the ground dries it could take a little while longer.

·
16,384 Posts
950ft of Meh. Not sure why but I can't come around to liking it. One side is a huge glass slab and the other looks like it's trying to evoke the silhouette of Chicago's soaring spires of old, but falls short. Reminds me of CITC Philadelphia, but that tower has the cross bracing facade and spire to make it more captivating.

New renderings show completed Wolf Point skyscrapers in all their glory

·
It was aliens
4,576 Posts
950ft of Meh. Not sure why but I can't come around to liking it. One side is a huge glass slab and the other looks like it's trying to evoke the silhouette of Chicago's soaring spires of old, but falls short. Reminds me of CITC Philadelphia, but that tower has the cross bracing facade and spire to make it more captivating.

I think 950' is the highest floor height, so we may have a 300+ but don't quote be on that. It certainly looks it from the photos in comparison to the other buildings and I think was mentioned a while back.

As for the design it's not terrible. It's a good looking modern building so I'm not upset about it.

·
Illuminati Leader
4,627 Posts
Beautiful, classy design. Fingers crossed it's 300m+

·
Registered
2 Posts
yes, for sure. this bulding will block River Bend 100% to the south (river view) I would be very pissed if I lived there.

but wow. 89 stories on that plot of land. amazing. can someone find the article and post it?
This is actually true, since this building is the most wonderful objective of the country.

·
5,742 Posts
A Tech Giant Considers Downtown Chicago Tower for Office Expansion
Chicago, United States – 24 August 2018
A software giant is looking to expand in Chicago, potentially to Wolf Point South.

Salesforce is looking to bring up to 5,000 new jobs to Chicago and has its sights set on anchoring a prominent new riverfront skyscraper at Wolf Point.

Salesforce has narrowed its focus to a skyscraper planned for the confluence of the North and East branches of the Chicago River, according to multiple sources. The company is hunting for as much as 500,000 square feet (46,451 square meters) with options to drastically expand beyond that, sources said. That would be more than three times the size of its current Chicago office at 111 W. Illinois St., where it houses most of its roughly 1,000 Chicago employees.

But Salesforce is still negotiating with city officials, as well as a venture of Houston-based developer Hines Interests and Joseph P. Kennedy Enterprises, which have proposed the Wolf Point office tower.

Salesforce spokeswoman Cheryl Sanclemente issued a statement that the company "does not comment on rumors or speculation." A spokesman for Mayor Rahm Emanuel's office did not respond to a request for comment, and a Hines spokesman said in a statement that “there is nothing we can say at this time."

Hines' Wolf Point proposal has had an inside track since Salesforce is closely connected to the developer, which just completed Salesforce's namesake 61-story tower in San Francisco, the tallest in its hometown. The Wolf Point South tower, which could reach as high as 950 feet (290 meters) and soar above the luxury apartment towers built or going up next to it on land owned by the Kennedy family, is also the tall, glass-and-steel style building in a central business district that Salesforce prefers, sources said. The tower would still require city approval for Hines to begin work, but it could be delivered close to the 2023 expiration of Salesforce's current 117,000-square-foot (10,869-square-meter) lease on Illinois Street, sources said.

For more on this story go to Crain’s Chicago Business.
http://www.ctbuh.org/GlobalNews/getArticle.php?id=6335#!

·
16,384 Posts
seem the South Tower might be chopped to 800'. Waiting for the final word on that. In the meantime, progress on the East Tower

Wolf Point East by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

if this is the source of the rumor, it doesn't seem 100%.

City looks to ease Trump-inspired sign limits as Salesforce eyes huge office lease on Chicago River

Hines has zoning to build as high as 950 feet, but he said the planned 1.3 million-square-foot office tower is likely to be about 800 feet — or about 60 stories — tall.

·
16,384 Posts
461 - 480 of 516 Posts