SkyscraperCity banner

481 - 500 of 516 Posts

·
It was aliens
4,576 Posts
Very American, I like it
I don't mind the design, it'd be nice if it were a bit taller though. This was the perfect site for a 300+ meter building.

Chicago has other exciting things going on though so it'll be nice addition I guess...

·
16,383 Posts
still no official confirmation on the height cut, to my knowledge. It does seem pretty definitive between the SSP leaks and vague estimates from executives, but we might as well hold out until plans finalize. I'm not sure where those renderings came from, be it a city review or fabrication. The SSP source isn't untrustworthy.

this is a recent article.

High-Profile Tenants Take Notice Of Chicago’s New Flexibility With Building Signage

Hines, a Houston-based developer, wants to get started on Wolf Point South, a proposed 950-foot building that, like Trump Tower, would occupy a riverfront site visible for blocks, but it can’t move forward until securing an anchor tenant. Its top candidate, San Francisco-based Salesforce, which wants about 500K SF, is a company that likes to announce its presence in a city with both signs and naming rights.

[...]

Trump’s sign, which is not affected by the recent changes, would have been about five times too large. Vegas-style flashing lights or neon were also disallowed, and only a building's anchor tenant — using at least 51% of the floor space — could plaster its name on the building.

·
16,383 Posts
for future Wolf Point South discussion: https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1915168

Salesforce to add 1,000 jobs in new Chicago riverfront skyscraper

Salesforce on Friday will announce its plans to anchor an upcoming riverfront skyscraper and add at least 1,000 jobs to its Chicago workforce in the next five years.

The San Francisco-based software firm has leased about 500,000 square feet in the planned third and final tower in the Wolf Point development, said Elizabeth Pinkham, executive vice president of global real estate at Salesforce.

[...]

Developer Hines plans to begin construction of the 813-foot-tall tower around Jan. 1, 2020, with plans to complete the 1.2 million-square-foot building by early 2023, said Greg Van Schaack, a senior managing director at Hines.The city already has approved zoning for the project.

·
Banished from SSP
531 Posts
Looks like a really high-quality curtain wall judging solely by the photos. The horizontal banding every 3 floors is an attractive touch. And notice how they're able to completely enclose entire floors all at once. It's as if it were properly designed and manufactured from the start - amazing! (I mean, when you compare to that prominent site further east along the river.)

A pity they settled for that cheap-ass window wall system at Vista. Mark my words - Vista is going to leak like a sieve and be the subject of much derision and many lawsuits in coming years.

481 - 500 of 516 Posts