SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ridiculous job sees me on a training course in chicago for 2 weeks. I've been here a week already, and it's fucking excellent. Haven't had chance to take many pics except on the weekend, and I forgot my camera (had to use trusty phone cam) one weekend, so the pics so far aren't great. I'm spending half a week in the city after my training course is done, then i'm off to Washington d.c. and New York for a while. Thought i'd share my pics so far. Enjoy:

Downtown:

Bit of a skyline shot:

The AON centre - this building is ridiculously large (4th tallest in north america I believe). It was sold last year for $450 million!!!

Nice old buildings downtown

The Hancock centre. Haven't been up it yet, but i'll be there at the weekend. It's amazingly massive, and older than i thought - it was built in the 60's.

Driving into the city from the airport. You can just make out the Hancock on the left of picture (shrouded in mist!) and Sears on the right.

Some cool building

Sears and it's lofty neighbour. The other building is dwarfed by Sears, but it's still huge.

Another one of Sears. This and the last one were taken from inside a limo (flash or what), hence the poor angle/quality

Nice shot of a lot of buildings - AON Centre in the backdrop

Downtown

Another one on the way in from the airport. Gives an idea of the density

And again, from the airport.

·
The Local Chip
381 Posts
agreed but isnt this a uk and ireland thread?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Driving into the city from the airport. You can just make out the Hancock on the left of picture (shrouded in mist!) and Sears on the right.

you can just about make out the AON centre in the middle too! ;)

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
mrout,,you lucky git Chicago is awsome,,,go and have lunch at the resturant at the base of the John Hancock Tower, the food is bloody gorgeous and the veiws are fantastic ,enjoy the rest of your stay.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Can you believe this?? You could either buy this skyscraper ($450m), or less than 4 of Lakshmi Mittal's house on Kensington Palace Gardens ($128m)!!!!

and wasnt the Houston Enron tower sold for $50m??
ENRON TOWER SOLD FOR $55.5 MILLION HOUSTON (Reuters)

So you could get over two of these or just one of Lakshmi Mittal's house on Kensington Palace Gardens!!!!

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Great pics!
I'm glad you enjoyed our city.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
highriser said:
mrout,,you lucky git Chicago is awsome,,,go and have lunch at the resturant at the base of the John Hancock Tower, the food is bloody gorgeous and the veiws are fantastic ,enjoy the rest of your stay.

I did!! Well, cocktails anyway. The Hancock is absolutely one of the finest buildings I've ever laid eyes on. It's unbefuckinglievable. And the sheer amount of office space in Chicago is overwhelming. Absolutely massive.

Loads more pics ready to share when I get home. Currently in d.c. until the weekend, then NYC for a week.

It's a hard life :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts