SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
User
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone ever visit this famous stand at the corner of 53rd and 6th across the street from the Hilton? It's four guys, they open up at 7 PM until like 4 AM.

They have a combo for $5, includes gyro or chicken, rice and salad plus the famous white sauce. This place is real popular, the line literally goes straight down the block. We had to wait like 45 mins - 1 hour last Saturday.

Anyone else try it? I hear people come from Long Island, upstate and Jersey just to have some of it.

Here's the website:

http://www.53rdand6th.com/

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've never actually been to this stand, but I hear it's quite excellent. My girlfriend loves it not only because it's great, but because it's halal.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ellatur said:
whats halal? :?
Food that is permissible for Muslims to eat. Just think kosher, but with Arabic prayers instead of Hebrew.

·
User
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
boybaha said:
Sounds like a regular corner stand. Anything special about it?
That's what I thought, until you see 30+ people waiting on line for this stand. The food is good, I wouldn't say worth the wait though. Apparently these guys are very popular though, people from all over the area come to have a taste.

I was reading the forums on the site (site was made by fans) and it said people travel from Long Island, New Jersey, Upstate from colleges just to have some once a week.

·
Member, Winifred Fan Club
10,415 Posts
Lol... the posts are funny. In one of the threads, they're having a flame war about who's better, the 53rd and 6th guy or the 52nd and 6th guy. But people line up at 53rd and 6th and not at 52nd. I'll have to try it out sometime.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.