SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17,329 Posts
Well, ten years or not, other developers will now know what's going on around the area. Between the Fred Hutchinson, UW and Children's, Xymogenetics, and other biotechs, the market is going to perhaps get to a critical mass, creating the biotech hub everybody has been seeking. Other developers and institutions will definitely pay attention to this. The interesting thing for Children's Hospital doing all of this acquisition is that they really seem to be advancing their research efforts greatly over their recent past. Good for them, and for us.

I only wish that the commons had passed several years ago. I'm rather apprehensive about whether we'll have many public amenities. I'm also rather glad that Cornish has moved into the area. At first I found the siting strange, but its good to have a Arts College intermixed with all of the science. It should add some dynamism.

Also, my prediction is that once the street car gets running, we're going to have all of the neighborhoods clamoring to get their own streetcar lines. I know that Sound Transit has said they'll extend the waterfront streetcar to Broadway and Aloha if the next round passes, but my prediction is that this is just the beginning for Seattle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
anyone know if there used to be a street car line down broadway before they tore out all of the street cars?

it seems like a streetcar would be a great way to feed the light rail station. Especially with only one station planned in the area.

·
Registered
19 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.