Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The CCP in China is bound for the exit door sooner or later (give it 25 years). Will the Chinese people (Han majority) welcome back the KMT or will they seek to establish a federal government? Chinese Federation or Chinese Federal Republic (joint rule with Taiwan)? I take it that Tibet and Xinjiang won't be tagging along this time round?

·
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
4,258 Posts
I hope that it becomes a federal state where the provinces become states with greater autonomy. Then Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau could join the federation and be on equal levels with the others without too much incompatibility.

·
Registered
232 Posts
None of that ... I am hoping to see the CCP reform within itself and establish a unique political system that is more democratic and transparent (yet still highly efficient)

Why do we have to copy what the west does?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
None of that ... I am hoping to see the CCP reform within itself and establish a unique political system that is more democratic and transparent (yet still highly efficient)

Why do we have to copy what the west does?
It's difficult to even talk about the CCP as one entity because it's so divide by factions and self-interest that really no one is on top. The wheel is turning, but the hamster is already dead. I think ultimately the CCP is too unstable and corrupt on a fundamental label to ever survive or reform, so collapse is inevitable. It's just a matter of when.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope that it becomes a federal state where the provinces become states with greater autonomy. Then Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau could join the federation and be on equal levels with the others without too much incompatibility.
Regardless, the SARs wouldn't be touched until their respective expiry dates. But I'm sure the CCP would be gone by the time that decade approaches. Taiwan is a more complicated issue. It has no "expiry" date, but I don't think it'll be in the interests of local Taiwanese to have an instant reunification once the CCP collapses. It'll send waves of asylum seekers and escapees onto their shores. Another factor being the ease of travel abroad with Taiwanese nationality.

·
Registered
232 Posts
It's difficult to even talk about the CCP as one entity because it's so divide by factions and self-interest that really no one is on top. The wheel is turning, but the hamster is already dead. I think ultimately the CCP is too unstable and corrupt on a fundamental label to ever survive or reform, so collapse is inevitable. It's just a matter of when.
I hope not :)

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
The CCP in China is bound for the exit door sooner or later (give it 25 years). Will the Chinese people (Han majority) welcome back the KMT or will they seek to establish a federal government? Chinese Federation or Chinese Federal Republic (joint rule with Taiwan)? I take it that Tibet and Xinjiang won't be tagging along this time round?
Many people in internet I met prefer to just changing the official name, while keep most of the system intact.

The transition should be as smooth as possible without have any impact on everyday life. To prevent a political chaotic and lost generation during the transition, not to mention foreign power involvement as well. The current political and economy model are working well, no one want to lose one or two years of fast economy and development growth.

If CCP dissolved, I don't think China should follow Western system to re-establish multiparty system, as there's no different between government and political party. As well as KMT don't need to return, but many of politicians and statesmen in Taiwan can back to the mainland and working in the new established government.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Regardless, the SARs wouldn't be touched until their respective expiry dates. But I'm sure the CCP would be gone by the time that decade approaches. Taiwan is a more complicated issue. It has no "expiry" date, but I don't think it'll be in the interests of local Taiwanese to have an instant reunification once the CCP collapses. It'll send waves of asylum seekers and escapees onto their shores. Another factor being the ease of travel abroad with Taiwanese nationality.
Actually Taiwan has the expire date too.

The political reform in mainland is amazing. It like Cold War, as communist country don't have expire date. But the political reform done in the West was forcing the communist country to dissolve by itself.

The same case will happen in Taiwan as well. What happen in the mainland right now, it just the beginning of something huge.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I think the current system of China is pretty much like a company --- the CCP being its Board of Directors, Xi being its Managing Director, while the 1.3 billion Chinese people being other small shareholders who don't have voting power ...

I think '党内民主‘ (democracy within the party) actually works well for China, but of course they need to gradually improve that system

I'd like to see China becomes a party-less state!

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
In China, it is illegal to think about this. You don't have the interests of the Chinese people in mind with these un-harmonious thoughts.

That being said, any gripes people have with the CCP will linger on with the next ruling party(ies). The CCP is a reflection of the people and culture of the country they rule, it is just a modern version of Dynastic rule in China, the next government will be the same.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
^^
CCP is going to walk that path anyway, without need someone to tell them.

I can say, day by day, CCP lost words to keep the communist ideology alive, as it just became an empty slogan this day. More and more young people became officials and they don't have any communist connection as strong as their predecessor.

Basically it just a natural evolution process, happened just like that without interfering.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^^
Like you said, as this generation's youth grow up to become more independent in nature than their predecessors, it's likely that China, its ethnic minorities, Taiwan and all the other factions caught in between will simply drift apart due to ideological differences. Different strokes for different folks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When the Soviet Union collapsed, it was relatively peaceful with most of the system being overhauled into a constitutional republic. The SSRs simply declared independence and drew up their borders without much interference. To think China could become a Russia with a more solvent economy will rub with most better than "keeping the system going". Actually many mainland Chinese I have met (abroad and in land) loathe the CCP.

Of course there's a difference between political parties and governments. You can vote in the former, but you'll have to overthrow the later to see any real change.

I've never heard of any expiry date for Taiwan. China (or any country) becoming party-less equates to anarchy. As a matter of fact, the CCP is a reflection and preview of an anarchic Chinese state.

·
pooh bear
7,790 Posts
The process of dynastic change in China takes time, this is just a foreigners mental masturbation, the CCP will be firmly in power for several more decades at the very least. And is certainly more popular and less oppressive than almost every dynasty, Chinese people's satisfaction and well-being are at all-time highs.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
You mean those with connections to the CCP live satisfactorily, while the rest of the populace is silenced with fear. A couple hundred years? The Soviet Union only lasted 69. China is currently at its 65th year and cracks on the surface are showing everywhere. The country may be wealthy and experiencing rapid growth; but by compromising the majority and lining the pockets of a few. Connected individuals are constantly loaning from banks to build subpar unaffordable ghost cities in order to generate GDP growth and profit only those involved in the embezzling. There wouldn’t be any need for a Special Administrative Region if the mainland was an open free market society. Perhaps you could tell me something about the recent riots against Chengguan and insurgency spearheaded by ethnic minorities? China’s richest all have their assets abroad and hold foreign residence?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
^^
Nope sorry, Howard here having resided throughout Asia for the past two decades and speaks fluent Mandarin.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts