SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
China is the most populated country in the world and is overcrowded. There's a need for more living space. Mars is a planet with no human inhabitants. So in order to gain some living space, what if:

1 - China builds a base on the moon in order to prepare for phase 2.

2 - Flies to Mars and terratransform it so it's habitable.

After colonizing Mars, which has a land area of around the same size of all 7 Earth continents added together, China would become a large country, and could then start mass transporting of its citizens to the new province.

Of course this is totally hypothetical, but what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Ok... that is some wild thinking going on in your head!!! It would never work and I think its a terrible idea to even think of such things. I think this thread should be deleted. It has no point whatsoever.

·
Banned
1,274 Posts
Your sick bastard just registered an ID to throw a shit like this?
Someone please checks this guy's IP. And I think this guy should be banned.

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
well, the concept of gaining gaining living space for an overcrowded nation is not so new.....

I think a guy called Adolf from austria tried it last time...but not with mars, but with russia....

didnt work out ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well China, a country roughly the same size as the United States have over 4 times the population. This means the GDP per capita is most likely never going to be too good. Probably staggers at around $10,000. With the annexation of land on Mars and the resources that comes with it, it makes it possible to have a good standard of living. And as you know when a country has a good standard of living it's less likely to violate human rights.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
dualceleron said:
Well China, a country roughly the same size as the United States have over 4 times the population. This means the GDP per capita is most likely never going to be too good. Probably staggers at around $10,000. With the annexation of land on Mars and the resources that comes with it, it makes it possible to have a good standard of living. And as you know when a country has a good standard of living it's less likely to violate human rights.
Plz don't post this kind of childish thread. :doh:

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
dualceleron said:
China is the most populated country in the world and is overcrowded. There's a need for more living space. Mars is a planet with no human inhabitants. So in order to gain some living space, what if:

1 - China builds a base on the moon in order to prepare for phase 2.

2 - Flies to Mars and terratransform it so it's habitable.

After colonizing Mars, which has a land area of around the same size of all 7 Earth continents added together, China would become a large country, and could then start mass transporting of its citizens to the new province.

Of course this is totally hypothetical, but what do you guys think?

i think this plan sucks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
But how are you going to deal with the overcrowded China? The environment definitely is having a hard time supporting such a big population....

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
hmh....fill up an island with the size of russia in the pazific......
then you have enough space....

and its cheaper....

*lol*

·
Banned
1,274 Posts
dualceleron said:
But how are you going to deal with the overcrowded China? The environment definitely is having a hard time supporting such a big population....
Before you even talk out issue of human being, you need to act like a decent human being. Right now, I would rather talk to a dog than talking to you, because a dog is at least honest, and will not disguise and sneak into other's house. I guess you parents just forgot to teach you that, or they were rancid in the first place and thus to breed a rancid one like you.

Anyway, I know you are from US. I could not help but wonder, why those most disguiting members in SSC, are mostly from US. And we just witnessed a putrid performance of a US people just a while ago, whose IDs were "United States of America" and "Guangzhou".

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wigo said:
Before you even talk out issue of human being, you need to act like a decent human being. Right now, I would rather talk to a dog than talking to you, because a dog is at least honest, and will not disguise and sneak into other's house. I guess you parents just forgot to teach you that, or they were rancid in the first place and thus to breed a rancid one like you.

Anyway, I know you are from US. I could not help but wonder, why those most disguiting members in SSC, are mostly from US. And we just witnessed a putrid performance of a US people just a while ago, whose IDs were "United States of America" and "Guangzhou".
Wow! Easy there. I just posted a legitimate question about living space. Why are you getting all personal about it? This issue gets raised all the time since China really has a huge population and they're all concentrated near the coast, bringing environmental problems and poor living standards for some folks...

·
中華民國
2,804 Posts
dualceleron said:
Wow! Easy there. I just posted a legitimate question about living space. Why are you getting all personal about it? This issue gets raised all the time since China really has a huge population and they're all concentrated near the coast, bringing environmental problems and poor living standards for some folks...
Having lived in both Beijing and Shanghai (China's two largest cities unless you count the whole Chongqing district) and visited several other major places in China, I personally find it not as crowded as some would imagine. It's nowhere near as crowded as say Tokyo, New York, or even Taipei.

Regarding China's population, the problem has more to do with its rapid explosion which occurred right after the communists took over. The CCP encouraged people to have more children as communist societies depended on manual labor. However, with higher health standards and less birth fatalities, the end result was that China's population increased more than 4 folds, going from some 400 million (roughly the U.S. population) before 1950's to 1.3 billion today. However, since the One Child Policy has been implemented, the birthrate has slowed considerably. Many people, namely Westerners criticize China for its One Child Policy, but just imagine if this policy wasn't in place...

On the other hand, India, the world second most populous country (after China), also has a large population and unlike China, it's still increasing rapidly. India will soon surpass China and will have the highest population.

·
Banned
1,274 Posts
Pangu said:
Having lived in both Beijing and Shanghai (China's two largest cities unless you count the whole Chongqing district) and visited several other major places in China, I personally find it not as crowded as some would imagine. It's nowhere near as crowded as say Tokyo, New York, or even Taipei.

Regarding China's population, the problem has more to do with its rapid explosion which occurred right after the communists took over. The CCP encouraged people to have more children as communist societies depended on manual labor. However, with higher health standards and less birth fatalities, the end result was that China's population increased more than 4 folds, going from some 400 million (roughly the U.S. population) before 1950's to 1.3 billion today. However, since the One Child Policy has been implemented, the birthrate has slowed considerably. Many people, namely Westerners criticize China for its One Child Policy, but just imagine if this policy wasn't in place...

On the other hand, India, the world second most populous country (after China), also has a large population and unlike China, it's still increasing rapidly. India will soon surpass China and will have the highest population.
Why are you wasting your time? This guy originially was suggesting to annex Australia to solve China's "overpopulation" problem.
As I said, he, like some US people, does not behave like a decent human being, period.

·
中華民國
2,804 Posts
wigo said:
Why are you wasting your time? This guy originially was suggesting to annex Australia to solve China's "overpopulation" problem.
As I said, he, like some US people, does not behave like a decent human being, period.
I don't believe I am wasting my time.

There is no need to be hostile toward people who are simply ignorant and/or less-informed.

·
Banned
1,274 Posts
Pangu said:
There is no need to be hostile toward people who are simply ignorant and/or less-informed.
This guy is not just ignorant, he has INTENTION, which is fairly obvious.

·
EOS 40D
2,108 Posts
I think we're being a bit too suspicious here, but I'm not going to say any more because people might start insulting me too.

Cheers.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
superchan7 said:
I think we're being a bit too suspicious here, but I'm not going to say any more because people might start insulting me too.

Cheers.
You should not have said but...,because you've actually insulted others.

·
中華民國
2,804 Posts
I agree with superchan7... I personally don't find dualceleron's original post to be offensive or insulting. A little unrealistic perhaps.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts