Skyscraper City Forum banner
321 - 340 of 2772 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
人民广场地铁站 换乘大厅今启用

轨道交通人民广场新换乘大厅今天正式投入使用,换乘1、2、8号线的市民不用再走250米的长通道,只需步行50米就能换乘了。而新大厅宽敞、亮堂的外观,细致周到的服务措施也让不少乘客惊喜。
据了解,目前三角换乘大厅还只是开放了其东侧的一半地方,由于西侧正在举办申城轨道交通发展主题展览,所以在明年1月20号之前,大厅就只能暂时维持一半运作的状态,等到展览结束,大厅的整体能量将发挥得更全面。

·
Registered
361 Posts
2012年规划图

轨交网络“三大节点”

>> 至2007年底,本市轨道交通将有8条线路,共162座车站投入使用,运营里程将达到230公里;日均将可承担380万人次的客运量,占公交客运量26%左右。

>> 至2010年,本市轨道交通将有11条线路,共280座车站投入使用,运营里程超过400公里;日均将可承担580万人次的客运量,占公交客运量35%左右。

>> 至2012年,本市轨道交通将形成13条线路,共300多座车站投入使用,运营总长度超过500公里的轨道交通基本网络;根据客流预测,届时可承担日均客流约800万人次,占全市公交出行总量约43%。

·
Banned
15,355 Posts
this is so cute! how long is the line? or system? do u have any other infos? some kind of map maybe? it has to be quite new system. i would lke to know something more...

·
Registered
388 Posts
I really don't know where to put this article; there really isn't an all inclusive Beijing Metro Thread anywhere.

"Squeezed in" subway ad angers passengers

Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:07am EST

(Reuters) - An advertisement on Beijing's subway proclaiming "Squeezed in?! Go and buy a car then!" has angered passengers who said it only encourages traffic jams, a state newspaper said Friday.

The advertisement, written in large white letters on a red background, is also contrary to the Beijing city government's aim of getting more people to take public transport, the official Beijing Daily said.

"Isn't this out of tune with environmental protection?" it quoted a subway passenger surnamed Yang as saying.

"The company sees subway passengers as potential customers, but the scornful tone of the advertising language exposes a lack of interest in human feelings behind a meticulous design," a female passenger surnamed Liu added.

Some Internet users have come up with their own versions of the advertisement's slogan, the newspaper said, proposing: "Stuck in a traffic jam? Then take the subway!."

But the storm of criticism against the advert, which does not identify the company or organization behind it, may have just the effect the advertisers were looking for, the report added.

"If they only cared about getting eyeballs rather than the impact it would have on people and society, has it not been effective?" the newspaper quoted unnamed experts as saying.

Beijing is spending billions of dollars expanding and upgrading its subway network ahead of this year's Olympic Games, and wants to encourage more people to take trains and buses to help deal with worsening road congestion.

(Reporting by Ben Blanchard; Editing by Alex Richardson

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
Olympic subway line scheduled for trial in June
(Xinhua)
Updated: 2008-02-16 13:42

BEIJING - A new subway line, which runs through the complex of stadiums, gymnasiums and parks for the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games, is to begin trial operation on June 1, a local rail traffic official said here on Saturday.

Construction of the subway tunnel and stations has been completed, the official said.

The 4.4-km-long line starts from Beitucheng, near the northern fourth ring road, and travels underground through the gymnasium of swimming, the venue for the Olympiad opening ceremony, the Olympic Park and the Forest Park. It has four stops.

Beijing currently has 95 km of mass transit railway lines in operation, of which 54.15 kilometers were build underground.

The city will increase the number of subway lines to nine with a total length of 200 km by 2008, and bring them to 19 totaling 561.5 km by 2020, according to Beijing's city planning authorities.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/olympics/2008-02/16/content_6460241.htm

·
Banned
7,907 Posts
I'm a non-Beijinger and I can understand it fully.

Maybe that's because I can read, write and speak Mandarin.

But besides that, if tourists can learn a little bit of Japanese to navigate around Japan, I don't see why can't they learn or at least recognize a few hanyu pinyin like 'lu' (road/avenue/boulevard), 'dong' (east), 'nan' (south), 'xi' (west), 'bei' (north).

321 - 340 of 2772 Posts