SkyscraperCity banner

1881 - 1900 of 2685 Posts

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Is the Hong Kong MTR Corporation involved in this metro? It looks strikingly simillair, but I can't find any info about them being involved.
The MTR has heavily influenced subway design in China so even though the MTR is not directly involved in the design its huge presence and successful formula has gotten all Chinese metros to adopt it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi all,

I'm working on an interactive future China metro line/station map viewer project that shows the future lines and stations appear over a change in time using a time scrubber/slider you can move back and forth - a basic viewer is now available in the 2D Drawings Creative Corner thread:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=107511648#post107511648

(See post #17) Can anyone lend a hand to adding more station/line info? I'm also in need of more thorough line opening dates - not just the predicted year but the year and quarter, if possible.

Check it out!

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Hi all,

I'm working on an interactive future China metro line/station map viewer project that shows the future lines and stations appear over a change in time using a time scrubber/slider you can move back and forth - a basic viewer is now available in the 2D Drawings Creative Corner thread:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=107511648#post107511648

(See post #17) Can anyone lend a hand to adding more station/line info? I'm also in need of more thorough line opening dates - not just the predicted year but the year and quarter, if possible.

Check it out!
The list would not go far as the speed at which the Chinese subways are built and the volatility and uncertainty in the plans of lines that haven't broke ground. You can only accurately project 3-5 years into the future. The best bet is Beijing which seems accurate up to 2016. Shenzhen has good info up to 2018 but the dates might slip. Guangzhou doesn't seem to know whats going on half the time beyond 2014 and magically at 2016 everything promised opens.

1881 - 1900 of 2685 Posts