Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
My Heart is with Beijing.
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,
I am enthusiastic on mega cities and urban planning. Here is my exclusive collection on some of Chinese cities. No Hongkong photos, only mainland cities. Enjoy!
Note: The copyright of each photo below belongs to their original photographer who is hard to be identified at the moment.

Alright, let's start from the Capital--Beijing.
Beijing: Due to the Capital Height Restriction, Beijing is a "short" city in China, but it gets one of the best designed buildings throughout the country. Beijing, with its wide avenues, represents grandeur and dominance.

Phew~~ So much Beijing, since I was from there LOL. OK let's move to Chongqing and take a look at the Manhattan-like Mountain city in the innerland.
Chongqing:

Shenzhen, a 26 year old city which is slightly younger than me. The fastest growing city in world history.
Shenzhen:

26 years ago. It was a small fishing village.

Today

Hong Kong's new sister. IT IS NOT HONGKONG!

Now back to Shanghai, the fastest growing city in the world along with Dubai and the potential competitor to Tokyo, London and New York.
Shanghai:

MagLev

And more under construction...

Bonus: A preview of super-talls that China is constructing, compared to world famous towers.

If anyone likes those, more cities are coming including Guangzhou, Dalian, Qingdao, Tianjin, or even cities like Shijiazhuang and Urumqi that you probably never heard of.

Thanks for viewing.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The growth of Chinese cities is extremely impressive. I'm also impressed with the amount of infrastructure that's been built as well (bridges, highways, even well-groomed parks, etc.). Would love to visit one day. Keep the pics coming!

·
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Taiwan is not China.
Why Republic of China is not China? You tell me.
Pretending to be a Jap is just challenging your intelligence.:lol:
Thanks for bumping my thread though :banana: .

·
Proud Torontonian
1,421 Posts
While Taiwan is a republic that does indeed govern itself under its own laws, it's still technically a province of China. And it's not democratic, as many people assume.

And what I find so funny about China is that a city you have never heard of probably has more people than the city you live in outside of China.

·
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK let's move politics outside. I really love my thread.
Japanese001 is an anti-china troll if you do a search of his posts you will know.
Anyone have more photos. Please only post your favorite ones.

·
I'm a Genesis member
425 Posts
very impressive :) thx for the pics !

·
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
^^ Kevin, your posts are all empty please upload to imageshack.us before posting here, if you are posting photos.
To Donkie and anyone else: Thanks for viewing!

1 - 20 of 194 Posts