SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I was thinking of getting some solar panels from China. It appears that CPA is a very corrupt place to do business with.

I have contacted some agents to get the consignment out of the dock yard. They are charging me for gate passes and bunch of other fees, which I can accept BUT why is there a 'Customs Clearance' charge of 250USD. What is that for, its is not the customs duty, it does not apply to solar energy equipemnts.

I phoned CPA, they said call Customs House, but guy say he cannot discuss it on the phone. Is this not official...or a is that a bribe under the 'Customs Clearance' title?

Does anyone have any experience in dealing with these crooks?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Hi All,

I was thinking of getting some solar panels from China. It appears that CPA is a very corrupt place to do business with.

I have contacted some agents to get the consignment out of the dock yard. They are charging me for gate passes and bunch of other fees, which I can accept BUT why is there a 'Customs Clearance' charge of 250USD. What is that for, its is not the customs duty, it does not apply to solar energy equipemnts.

I phoned CPA, they said call Customs House, but guy say he cannot discuss it on the phone. Is this not official...or a is that a bribe under the 'Customs Clearance' title?

Does anyone have any experience in dealing with these crooks?

Thanks
Ahem -- to start with -- you shouldn't have dealt with 'these crooks' yourself. You should have let a Clearing and Forwarding Agent (C&F Agent) deal with them on your behalf (it'll cost a bit more, negotiate with the agent). Sort of like hiring an attorney to represent you. The C&F Agents are used to dealing with customs and routinely work for 'releasing' goods from the port. Contact them at their association phone no. at the website below and tell the President or General Secretary your situation.

http://www.cnfctg.com/CompanyInfo.aspx?Type=2&page=0

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I contacted one Forwarding Agent, he quoted me along with other charges, 250USD for 'custom clearance' no matter if its small packages or a container. So I wanted to find out if this charge was set by Customs House or by the Forwarding Agents them self.

If its set by Forwarding Agent, perhaps I can find others and get cheaper deals. Customs House nor the Forwarding Agent that I contacted will not give me an answer.

EDIT: Just realised, I did send them an email 0n the 9th July, no reply, sent another today.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Am I expecting too much? Not even single replies from the emails I sent to CPA, Customs House and the F&C association.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts