SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 1720 Posts

·
By Spirit
25,870 Posts
Stunning and superb night skyline! :eek2:
It definitely is quite underrated and needs taller signature towers to give it some attention.

·
Registered
139 Posts
how come... ?? Chongqing

you know those famous chongqing pics that show all the lights in the night... how come there are almost no pics from that angle in daylight ??? all the pics i found are small and genrally crappy...
why is that ?

here are the few i found in daylight:

and here are some night pics, you can find tons of them, i like daylight photos better becuase i can learn much more about the city...

·
Registered
11,786 Posts
Great find! ;)

Shall I merge this thread with others which also feature photos of this city?

·
Registered
11,786 Posts

·
Blue Devil
179 Posts
Chonqing is notorious for its polluted sky and dirty river (even clean, it would be that muddy color). During the day, these things are obvious, but the brown skies and river are invisible at night, and instead all we see is city lights.

·
Blue Devil
179 Posts
Its smog, actually, not fog. That's probably why people don't take as many pics of Chongqing during the day- it doesn't look very nice.

Chongqing should definitely be a sister city of Pittsburgh, since the downtowns, with the three rivers, have like the same layout. Oh, and both are known for industrial air pollution, although Pittsburgh isn't really like that since the days of steel have ended.

Chongqing:

Pittsburgh:

1 - 20 of 1720 Posts