SkyscraperCity Forum banner

CHONGQING | Jiefangbei Book City | 300m | 984ft | 63 fl | U/C

158K views 220 replies 70 participants last post by  kanye 
^^It's very possible, it's pretty much a more extreme twisting tower; there's a central core running to the top and the floorplates are built individually, just like in a twisting tower.

^^there doesn't seem to be extreme enough cantelievers to require massive walls; sure it will be more expensive than a regular box, but I don't think it will be prohibitively so (more than 2x the cost of a regular tower).

Awesome! This has to happen, it is so beautiful, organic, sexy, representing lowrise Asian density in a highrise form, a true landmark for the center of Jiefangbei that would be instantly recognizable to everyone as "Chongqing!"

I agree with SilentStrike, they should build it in the new CBD better. On the other hand, since Jiefangbei is actually becoming world's busiest district it should look stunning there too, we only have to wait and see. By the way, who knows what other weird towers will JFB get in the coming years. Can you imagine Chongqing by 2050?
This will look way better in a dense CBD, unfortunately most of the master-planned new CBDs are going to showcase each tower individually with towers in between, but I feel that the "organicness" of the tower is enhanced by having the bottom blocked by a dense, vibrant cityscape, showing that it is a vertical extension of the organic energy that is alive in Chongqing. A true masterpiece, I must say.