SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chongqing has an international face ?????????????

·
Registered
373 Posts
please see more pic about chongqing.

15 years later chongqing CBD may like this (the tallest one not here that cool guy at Hualongqiao may 98 floors 425m tall)
jiefangbei area the tallest one at least 375m 82 floors

nanan area the tallest one at least 310m 70 floors

jiangbei area the tallest one at least 340m

·
Banned
29 Posts
i'm a chinese, i know what chongqing looks like..
ugly buliding and dirty places...

still in the third world and undeveloped...

i say 15 years later would be better...

·
Registered
50 Posts
sclover said:
i'm a chinese, i know what chongqing looks like..
ugly buliding and dirty places...

still in the third world and undeveloped...

i say 15 years later would be better...
I whole heartly agree, enough already, this place only has a few handsome buildings,THAT'S IT, the rest of it looks awful, dirty and suffocating. Wait at least a decade and hopefully it will improve.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Long way to go for chongqing. The first pic looks like a chinese new york, with that building on the left kinda lookin like chrysler from far. Needs another 10-15 years.

·
By Spirit
25,912 Posts
Chongqing has an incredible skyline

very dense with some nice peaks and surrounded by water.

Beats many many other more famous skylines in the world

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I was in Chongqing from 1990 to 1994. Because of this experience, I LOVE the city. Over the last ten years, I've followed development of the city, and what I can tell you is everything has changed.
The cityscape of Chongqing is great. I've been to many cities around the world. I have to say even compared with the Chongqing ten years ago few of them could look better in terms of cityscape. Beyond this, in Chongqing there is a special atmosphere which can be found nowhere else in the world, which is beyond description, and which you can feel only when you are there.
Don't rush to say the city is dirty judging from one or two pictures. There are many many clean places not yet presented to you. Ten years ago, there were foggy days all year round; now, as friends from Chongqing tell me, foggy days are rarely seen.
Thank you, Childish King, for constantly presenting up-to-date pictures of the city since you joined the forum. Without you, in the forum there might not be so many threads concerning the city.
And, of course, as for this time, metallinestorm has done a great job presenting those nice corners of the city. As seen from properties of the files, the pictures were take by you. Hope there could be more to come.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
autumnriver said:
I was in Chongqing from 1990 to 1994. Because of this experience, I LOVE the city. Over the last ten years, I've followed development of the city, and what I can tell you is everything has changed.
The cityscape of Chongqing is great. I've been to many cities around the world. I have to say even compared with the Chongqing ten years ago few of them could look better in terms of cityscape. Beyond this, in Chongqing there is a special atmosphere which can be found nowhere else in the world, which is beyond description, and which you can feel only when you are there.
Don't rush to say the city is dirty judging from one or two pictures. There are many many clean places not yet presented to you. Ten years ago, there were foggy days all year round; now, as friends from Chongqing tell me, foggy days are rarely seen.
Thank you, Childish King, for constantly presenting up-to-date pictures of the city since you joined the forum. Without you, in the forum there might not be so many threads concerning the city.
And, of course, as for this time, metallinestorm has done a great job presenting those nice corners of the city. As seen from properties of the files, the pictures were take by you. Hope there could be more to come.
Thank you. :)

·
original
1,219 Posts
thank you! Chongqnig is a great city. I was there in the 90s too

and beivushtang... that's Shenzhen yeah?!

·
逍遥法外
721 Posts
Yes, thank you for posting these--Chongqing is an interesting place in a unique location--ignore all of the New Yorkers in this forum who turn their noses down on it, their opinions don't count anyways...j/k

1 - 18 of 18 Posts