SkyscraperCity banner

VOTE FOR 2

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it looks like #9 is winning out, as I expected.
I was gonna use my Central Park pano anyway, but I guess the other CP pic #8 might be edging out the others. My only problem is that I've already used that one for the main UPC once. And I'll need to get my original one, I don't like how I played with the options, I need to get it 'fresh'
and I like my synagogue reflections too.
well thanks for your input, I'll probably post them tomorrow or monday, I'll think about it over the Grand Prix, if I get the chance :p

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
1 and 6.

Is that hunter on the front of the first one?

·
Super Moderator
11,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^yup, the Lexington skyline is looking pretty good, though the only problem is that Bloomberg hides Citicorp. It isn't until the 80s that you can begin to see it, but by then you can't see Chrysler :( And same thing from the southern perspective, you have midtown on top of Citicorp in front of Bloomberg. But you can clearly see the Chrysler Building, so that makes up for everything
well here's my first thread:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=210786

·
Super Moderator
11,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^I might have to go there again now in summertime, the weather's better than in february :p
and it's a synagogue, I at first thought having found an eastern orthodox church just as you presumed, but apparently it's the oldest temple in continuous use in the city, though I don't remember the name, except it was right next to the Citicorp

·
Registered
384 Posts
"the colors of the church are very nice"

it's not actually a curch but central city sinagogue. I lived in an apartment right across the street it when it burnt few years ago.

Excellent pics.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts