1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
5,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
376 Posts
I think this theme must be poll-theme. Let's see what our forumers will choose.
My choice is Nr.10. But nr.1 is amazing too.
And AFAIU there'll be no corridor between new terminal and airport itself. Really?

·
Registered
695 Posts
No. 10 looks bad form me (not to mention expensive) - and is actually not expandable. I gave my vote for No. 4 - single level access/departure and simple design attracted my attention - paint everything in fancy colors and get an attractive terminal.

·
Banned
4,330 Posts
Only 8 :laugh:

·
Laurijs
599 Posts
My favourites is 1. 7. 8. and 10.

I voted for 10., because it is masterpiece! Reminds me something between Paris and Beijing airports :) This project will be able to draw worlds attention to Riga.

Second option is 1. ... really great too!

8. (triangles) is good too, because if build, it will become really remarkable among similar airports in elsewhere.

·
✖✖✖✖✖✖
1,775 Posts
Why do you like # 10? Ugly, failed attempt in modern architecture. Original - yes, but doesn't mean that it is the "best". Not to mention that it is probably too expensive.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
No doubt, #10 is the best. It's really futuristic, amazing modern architecture. I will eat my T-shirt if this get's built! (which means I don't believe such possibility - it's too good to be true).

No. 10 looks bad form me (not to mention expensive) - and is actually not expandable. I gave my vote for No. 4 - single level access/departure and simple design attracted my attention - paint everything in fancy colors and get an attractive terminal.
You're one damn pragmatic! :lol: (no offense).

·
I Love Ice
2,426 Posts
I am looking at No 10 and I am shitting my pants. This is sick. I think the airport should be named after George Lucas. Like Liverpool has John Lennon Airport...
... Riga International George Lucas Airport.

·
Banned
4,330 Posts

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
I can't understand this too. Kitsch. Just imagine that thing near the main terminal.
Well - the fact that here are so polarized opinions about that project is another proof that it's masterpiece :) Eiffel tower also was hatred at first.

·
Banned
4,330 Posts
Polarized opinions ? :) It seems that the majority of Latvians like it...Weird.

·
Registered
518 Posts
No doubt about amazing Concept nr. 10.... It's the best airport project design ever. I never seen such an amazing design like this one. StarWar comes true in real life. Now we can see several projects in Dubai and of course in Latvia - Castle of light :D It's the significant projects who tells about our (future life, Houses from Space movies).

1 - 20 of 53 Posts