SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
13,365 Posts
Christmas is always a horrible time of year. It's been a couple years since something bad has happened to me in December so we're due. I'm not getting my hopes up.

·
Terminator
8,920 Posts
Christmas is always a horrible time of year. It's been a couple years since something bad has happened to me in December so we're due. I'm not getting my hopes up.
Yes me too.Christmas season always remind me of a bad memory.Very bad.

·
....kay?
550 Posts
I'm looking forward to it this year for the first time in awhile... Going to my parents in between Campbell River and Courtenay on Vancouver Island (hometown) first time in a few years. Much needed vacation from all the shit I've been dealing with this past year... nephew passing, being hospitalized twice, off work since August. Fun shit... but I'm going to have a blast!

·
38,865 Posts
Always look forward to it. The usual stuff: ice skating, good food, buying a tree, hopefully see some snow, tons of relaxing/indulging/entertaining, etc.

·
Terminator
8,920 Posts
i think my parents are going to go spend it with my brother and i will celebrate on my own for the first time ever :(
cook some turkey I'll come over.:)

·
Yes. No. Potato?
3,023 Posts
Off to Thailand for sun and family for the holidays :D

·
Torontonian 4ever
9,891 Posts
I can't wait... I love Christmas; the movies, the food, the relaxing, the getting silly drunk for 2 weeks, and my Christmas Tree!

Oh and presents.

·
Blue Collar Bigwig
1,905 Posts
Christmas comes quicker every single year. I just want some peace and quiet. I hope none of my family is expecting anything nice, because I just bought them a bunch of stuff last year.

·
Terminator
8,920 Posts
Christmas comes quicker every single year. I just want some peace and quiet. I hope none of my family is expecting anything nice, because I just bought them a bunch of stuff last year.
That was last year,this year presents should be bigger.:lol:

·
Registered
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll put my tree up in two weeks, 11ft 2000 lights. Good thing my hydro is included with my loft. I'll be heading to Seachelt for Christmas to stay with my sister and my new brother in law.

·
Registered
13,365 Posts
Our Christmas tree is 24 inches tall, and our lights is a string of 50, they're all blue but some don't work. We haven't put it up for a while though. Not really any point to it. Nothing makes you feel like less a part of society than being poor at Christmas. Or having your uncle killed on the 3 year anniversary of losing your home and everything in it to flood, two weeks before Christmas.

Bah. And humbug!! :rant:

The one good thing about Christmas: Toffifee. More specifically, the tiny dallop of dark chocolate on top of the Toffifee.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
How many of you actually put up Christmas lights? I do every year, but it seems less and less people are.

·
Blue Collar Bigwig
1,905 Posts
^^I just keep em on my balcony all year long >_<

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
i drove past a house yesterday and they had their tree up! that was kinda early

gorwing up we used to wait until the 2nd week of advent at least before putting it up - some german classmates didn't put it up until christmas eve

1 - 20 of 248 Posts