Votes: 108 5.1%
  • 3 or less

Votes: 67 3.2%

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 1036 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
No, you're not, j_brg - the arch IS one thing that the Chrysler Building and romanesque buildings have in common - an echo across all those centuries...

P

·
0 Posts
The Chrysler Building absolutely deserves the
#1 spot. There's no other building quite like it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The Chrysler Building is the standard all others strive to achieve, and in my opinion, none have reached. Simply the best skyscraper ever built. The crown makes it.......i don't have a word to describe how great it is. You know, in every movie where the skyline of New York is destroyed, this is the one building that we never fail to see, even though the crown is usually crashing down into the streets :( :( :(

And the Gargoyls are amazing. Great design feature. I would to sit on top of them someday! I saw a picture oce of someone standing on one. But then again, I am afraid of heights...

I give it a 11/10 but since the scale only went to 10 that is what I was forced to give it.

·
Penang Skyscrapers Hunter
10,128 Posts
9/10

it is an awesome building

L

·
0 Posts
Perfect and timeless.Nothing other than a 10.

Which idiot gave it less than 3?

·
Stad Achter De Duinen
440 Posts
10/10

This is a pic I took last summer. You can see the reflection of the Chrysler Building in an other building.

·
Registered
403 Posts
London Bloke, there are some folks who just don't like anything but modernist boxes, I think...

GReat picture, Den Haag AvW - thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
10/10

Unquestionably a true classic, as glorious today as the day it was built. This building with a few others on Manhattan should be on the UNESCO / World Heritage list!

C

·
0 Posts
A STRAIGHT A+!!!! !!!! GO NEW YORK CITY !!!

10/10

I still find this world's beautifallest skyscraper in the world
The spire and the roof is world's nicest i know

:guns1: :) :guns1: :) :guns1: :) :guns1: :) :guns1: :) :guns1:
:D ;) :D ;) :D ;) :D ;) :D ;) :D ;) :D ;) :D ;) :D ;) :D ;) :D ;) :D ;) :D

·
Registered
406 Posts
I'm one of the people who loves modernist boxes (Mies' Seagram Building being the supreme example), but I gave the Chrysler Building a 10. It's an absolute masterpiece.

My guess is the people giving low scores aren't the people who like elegant, minimalist towers, but Asian forumers who are pissed at the low scores that the latest plastic-looking crap in Shenzen is receiving.

I don't mean any offense to Asian skyscrapers in general, by the way- I really like the Bank of China, Jin Mao, Petronas, etc. But it seems like a lot of buildings featured here aren't anywhere near the best that Asia has to offer.

·
Banned
1,307 Posts
Well it can't get any better then this!i can tell you that!
This is obviously a 10!

41 - 60 of 1036 Posts