1 - 20 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caisse to build office tower in downtown Toronto

Bloomberg

Saturday, September 15, 2007 – Page B8

Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, Canada's biggest pension-fund manager, will build a 40- to 50-storey office tower in downtown Toronto to expand its real estate holdings in Canada's largest city. SITQ, the Caisse's office building unit, bought the land at 45 Bay St. in May, spokeswoman Amelie Plante said yesterday. She declined to say when the tower might be built or how much the project would cost. The proposed building, located across the street from the Air Canada Centre, would house about 1.2 million square feet of office space and fill a void in the Caisse's real estate portfolio. Only one of SITQ's four Toronto-area buildings is in the city's downtown core..

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
I tried counting out 50 floors but it hurt my eyes trying once I passed the mechanical floor. Heres a new idea of what can go there:

·
Indie Bean
2,648 Posts
50 floors would be TD range. Not too shabby for that location.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I hope its 50 storeys as opposed to 40.

Like others have said, that'll make it in the TD range. Not bad I guess.

·
"The Ignorant Fool"
2,576 Posts
Great news.
Plans sound very concrete (no double entendre meant!)

I hope they will connect via the PATH to the ACC and thus Union station and also clean up/spruce up the "tunnel" sidewalk under the railyard on Bay. That underpass area was pretty grungy last time I walked through there, with a homeless guy sleeping and the stench of urine on the sidewalk, and is part of the "divide" between downtown and the waterfront area. Maybe with the public "art" contribution money from this development, something can be done to make this a more inviting pedestrian friendly thoroughfare.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Great news.
Plans sound very concrete (no double entendre meant!)

I hope they will connect via the PATH to the ACC and thus Union station and also clean up/spruce up the "tunnel" sidewalk under the railyard on Bay. That underpass area was pretty grungy last time I walked through there, with a homeless guy sleeping and the stench of urine on the sidewalk, and is part of the "divide" between downtown and the waterfront area. Maybe with the public "art" contribution money from this development, something can be done to make this a more inviting pedestrian friendly thoroughfare.
According to today's Star, PATH is already planned to extend to 45 Bay and further east to 18 Yonge.

·
Banned
289 Posts
Quoted from UT:

Bloomberg - September 15, 2007

Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, Canada's biggest pension-fund manager, will build a 40- to 50-storey office tower in downtown Toronto to expand its real estate holdings in Canada's largest city. SITQ, the Caisse's office building unit, bought the land at 45 Bay St. in May, spokeswoman Amelie Plante said yesterday. She declined to say when the tower might be built or how much the project would cost. The proposed building, located across the street from the Air Canada Centre, would house about 1.2 million square feet of office space and fill a void in the Caisse's real estate portfolio. Only one of SITQ's four Toronto-area buildings is in the city's downtown core.

·
Registered
59 Posts
45 bay 800.5 ft?

Hey guys, I saw a proposal on skyscraperpage for a 800 ft tower on 45 bay. Its a sick looking tower! Has anyone heard anything about this project?

·
Registered
9,681 Posts
It was 1000 ft and just a fake proposal.

However the land is zoned for office and was purchased by a firm looking to build something around the 1,2000,000 sqft range. This news is over 2 years old now.

Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, Canada's biggest pension-fund manager, will build a 40- to 50-storey office tower in downtown Toronto to expand its real estate holdings in Canada's largest city. SITQ, the Caisse's office building unit, bought the land at 45 Bay St. in May, spokeswoman Amelie Plante said yesterday. She declined to say when the tower might be built or how much the project would cost. The proposed building, located across the street from the Air Canada Centre, would house about 1.2 million square feet of office space and fill a void in the Caisse's real estate portfolio. Only one of SITQ's four Toronto-area buildings is in the city's downtown core.

1 - 20 of 302 Posts