SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some pictures of a small town in Upstate NY called Cicero. The only other Cicero I've heard of is near Chicago. I've had these for awhile, but felt like posting some pics.

Oneida Lake, the biggest inland lake in NYS

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Very nice. Upstate New York is one beautiful place. I hope to go through that area or places like that this year. :)

·
18,168 Posts
great pictures. cicero looks like a nice place. all of new york state's countryside is extremely underrated. i have several pictures of new york myself. how come new england gets all the publicity?

i also see that you guys have the dark green seaweed that washes up in those strange piles at the lake shore. that happens in lake erie as well.

·
Frustrated Male Model
471 Posts
Oneida Lake is great... it's big enough to seem like a "real" lake but not gi-nomous. I used to hang at either Oneida Shores or Green Lake all the time. Thanks for the pictures!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks jmancuso,Jaybird, xzmattzx,WestSideJohn. I hope someday more people "discover" this area.

To the former Upstaters roaming the forums, my hometown of Clay recently made the local news. Much of it is hype because Clay isn't growing much in new housing, just 89 new homes last year. Its more of a commercial boom lately. At any rate, you might want to check it out, it is interesting. You can watch it by clicking on the links, both are different segments

http://www.wixt.com/mediacenter/def....wixt.com,[email protected]&navCatId=5&2=2

http://www.wixt.com/mediacenter/def....wixt.com,[email protected]&navCatId=5&2=2

Every week this local TV station highlights a different suburban town around Syracuse.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Looks like a nice place to live...when you want to get away from the city! :)

·
Super Moderator
11,286 Posts
Is it around the Finger Lakes area? I just loved that place, and not only because it made me think of earth's history and that glaciers covered the place.
Anyway, back to Cicero, nice lake, wherever it is, and really rural, there's so much to visit, and yet it is so underrated

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jmancuso's right. It is the fastest growing town in Central New York.

Thanks BigDan35! Cicero must be a nice place to live because a lot of people are moving there. Over 1,000 new houses have been built in the last 5 years there.

Thanks 3tmk! Oneida Lake is between the Finger Lakes and the Adirondacks. It's a big lake, you can see it on most maps or satellite pictures.The nearest Finger Lake is about Forty Five minutes to the southwest. And you are right about the Finger Lakes, they are really nice too. I need to get out there and take some pictures for the forum someday.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts