SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 350 Posts

·
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
25k with ability to expand to 30k
https://twitter.com/Alex_anderV19

Berding: We prefer to build in Cincinnati, but we'll do what needs to be done to get an MLS bid and if that means building in NKY, we will.

Architect says FC Cincinnati stadium design is modeled off Bayern Munich's Allianz Stadium at a smaller size.
https://twitter.com/FOX19Joe

Berding said, adding that the design simply focuses on Newport for the purpose of the rendering, created by MEIS Architects.

Newport is apparently competing with spots in Cincinnati's West End and Oakley neighborhoods.
www.rcnky.com/articles/2017/06/12/fc-cincinnati-shows-possible-design-stadium-newport

A finalized location for our potential home has not yet been chosen.
https://twitter.com/fccincinnati

·
10,191 Posts
Renderings released today of FC Cincinnati's proposed stadium. 25k capacity expandable to 30k.
Um... yeah. Where to go with this?

a) The presentation styling is just garish. Makes the orange and the bright lights too overwhelming for me that I'd be scared to take it in.

b) That doesn't look like 25k. I realize there's a shallow end where they could expand in the future, but given the size and scale of Red Bull Arena and Orlando's stadium this feel lighter than either one.

c) I'm not a fan of relying on the exterior skin to provide all/most of a design's pizzazz without incorporating those elements into other aspects of the project. Simply stretching an amorphous shape around a conventional venue and painting it orange isn't avante garde or iconic. Take the materials or shapes and weave them into more of the development. Context matters!

d) I do like the concept of opening up the end toward the skyline, and the large media column seems like an allusion to the Meazza stadium in Milan.

On the surface it appears a far sight better than several MLS venues, including the recently initiated Audi Field in DC, but I would ask Meis to take this back and continue refining.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
So the stadium will be across the river in Kentucky?
They don't know where it is going to go but do want it in Cincinnati, so there will be a lot of changes to these renders. That being said, the ownership group do own land across the river in Kentucky, so I'm guessing that is why the renders were placed there.

·
Proud Facebook Non-Member
2,206 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Regardless of final design and location, I have to like Cincinnati's odds of landing a franchise considering that St. Louis and San Diego don't seem to have much of a chance. Sacramento and Miami seem headed for approval. Opinions?

·
Registered
861 Posts
just floating in from other threads. jsut wanted to give my 2 cents worth.

what is it with the fascination of the open end....its terribly impractical and a great way to create a noise vacuum. having the ground enclosed gives that atmosphere that renown's football stadia worldwide.
i dont mind the colours as they are the teams strip but toning it down would be better than in your face. people walking by wont even be able to look at it.maybe external push lighting from placed lights onto the stadium would be better.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
just floating in from other threads. jsut wanted to give my 2 cents worth.

what is it with the fascination of the open end....its terribly impractical and a great way to create a noise vacuum. having the ground enclosed gives that atmosphere that renown's football stadia worldwide.
Future expansion.

1 - 20 of 350 Posts