Skyscraper City Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Cory
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Queen City Square." I had no idea. I was wasting time on skyscraperspage.com and looked at the Cincy illustration and bam, something taller than Carew. The diagrams are nice and this building will really add to the Cincy skyline. Cincy already has a great skyline and this will only make it better.

Congrats!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I kind of hope it isn't built, just because Cincy has such a massive skyline now, topped off by two buildings that are pre WWII--I think Cincy is the only major city (except for NYC after 9/11) where the tallest building is so old.

·
Cory
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, I think it is a beauty. I wen't downtown (Indy) after I saw the elevations of this and thought, "Damn, that new Cincy building wo do WONDERS for Indy's skyline." It really would. The top would go well with the Bank One Tower.

Anyway, the website said that they had already broken ground, is this true? Also, does anyone know the vacancy rate in downtown Cincy?

It is nice to see a near-by peer city get a new tallest, maybe Indy may get one sooner than later...

·
Registered
210 Posts
info has been out for 2 years. The first phase is 15 stories and is almost complete. The second phase, which you are looking at is estimated at 700 feet and might be the tallest in ohio.... they've had several drawing changes back to 1988... I hope this one happens....

this is what they're finishing now...

this is the finished project...

·
Cory
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cincy will look great with that!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I dont know where you got that diagram because it looks similar to the one found on skyscraperpage, yet like someone stretched it out, I have never heard of it being higher than the Key Tower, and I should hope its not, it would stick out very irregularly. In fact the ssp diagrams dont even show it being the second tallest in Ohio.

Anyways I have always thought it was a nice building and hoped it would get built, but with some alterations. There is something about it that is strange to me, maybe because I have mostly seen it in two dimensions so its little hat looks odd. In the picture of it in the whole skyline it sticks out rediculously, but then that is what they want it to do probably.

·
836 Posts
I agree with SCristopher. I didn't realize it was that big and hope it isn't for the same reasons. I would like to think that ssp hasn't led me astray on facts about building height.

·
836 Posts
I just looked on ssp to double check. It says that Queen City Square will be the third tallest in Ohio. The roof height was 210m. That wont even top Indy's tallest at a roof height of 213.4m.

·
Registered
698 Posts
35 floors of office space with 800,000 sq feet should be about 570~ feet. Boston's 111 Huntington (2002) is 36 floors with a decrative crown, and it comes in at 560 feet. The 35 floor One Lincoln (2003) is 36 floors and 1,00,000 sq feet, but no decrative crown or spire, and it only tops off at 504 feet. That crown looks just a little taller than 111 Huntington's does, so I'd guess about 570 feet for Queen City II.

There's no way a 35 floor offce building with 800,000 sq feet of space is 210 meters tall.

·
Registered
11,741 Posts
Even from the renderings, it looks to be around 600 ft. tall.
Maybe the 800,000 sq. ft. is only the office space portion. There might be some retail portion to this project at the bottem floors with another 100,000 sq. ft. of space.
Sorry, just trying to be optimistic. :D :D :D I want this tower to be, at least, 700 ft. tall. Cincy desrves it. :)

·
Registered
11,741 Posts
Even from the renderings, it looks to be around 600 ft. tall.
Maybe the 800,000 sq. ft. is only the office space portion. There might be some retail portion to this project at the bottem floors with another 100,000 sq. ft. of space.
Sorry, just trying to be optimistic. :D :D :D I want this tower to be, at least, 700 ft. tall. Cincy desrves it. :)
Carew is probably at a little higher elevation too, if I'm not mistaken.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.