1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
MLB

Cincinnati Reds

5x Champion:
1919, 1940, 1975, 1976, 1990

My most favorite baseball park in the world including my country because, there, I met my wife first. I owe my wife and my two 7 year old and 4 year old sons all to it. But the team sucks :cheers:
They should rename Cincinnati Reds Cincinnati Lez.

·
Top Gear is back!
125 Posts
Nice place to watch a game. You can get bleacher seats for $7, but beers are $9.

Not a lot of places to eat or drink around the park though.

·
Registered
28,068 Posts
one of the bigger baseball stadiums?

Mets one will be better :D

·
Registered
28,068 Posts
Oh. you are right
57,545 - Yankee Stadium
57,333 - Shea Stadium
56,000 - Dodger Stadium
50,445 - Coors Field
50,091 - Turner Field
49,115 - Rangers Ballpark in Arlington
49,033 - Chase Field
48,876 - Oriole Park at Camden Yards
47,116 - Safeco Field
45,050 - Angel Stadium of Anaheim
43,975 - Busch Stadium
43,647 - Citizens Bank Park
43,345 - Progressive Field
42,445 - PETCO Park
42,059 - Great American Ball Park
42,200 - Miller Park
41,782 - Comerica Park
41,503 - AT&T Park
41,118 - Wrigley Field
41,222 - Nationals Park
40,950 - Minute Maid Park
40,793 - Kauffman Stadium
40,615 - U.S. Cellular Field
39,928 - Fenway Park
38,496 - PNC Park

·
Registered
749 Posts
It is a nice ballpark however sadly newer baseball stadiums are cutting down drastically on the number of seats. I can understand they want to go for comfort but in some cases I think they are really only caring for their bottom line (raise the ticket prices etc).

·
Unregistered User
2,586 Posts
It is a nice ballpark however sadly newer baseball stadiums are cutting down drastically on the number of seats. I can understand they want to go for comfort but in some cases I think they are really only caring for their bottom line (raise the ticket prices etc).
i dont think its so bad, many teams dont even fill the ballpark unless its a Sunday game. Other than that theyre probably drawing 23k-27k on average. Obviously attendance is a little better in some markets (LA, NY, Chicago) but in the most part i think it just makes more sense to go smaller. Theyre not really cutting down the capacities, just bringing them back to where they used to be before the cookie cutter era.

·
Registered
7,216 Posts
40,000 per stadium is a good number for baseball. Only the New York/L.A. areas would probally be able to average over 50,000 the entire year, regardless of team record.

·
Registered
558 Posts
just for those of you who are wondering over attendance figures according to wikipedia the MLB average attendance figure is 32,703 which is slightly below most MLB ballparks capacities. But i have noticed that when occasionaly i do see baseball games on tv the ballparks dont seem to be full all that often

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just for those of you who are wondering over attendance figures according to wikipedia the MLB average attendance figure is 32,703 which is slightly below most MLB ballparks capacities. But i have noticed that when occasionaly i do see baseball games on tv the ballparks dont seem to be full all that often
That's because they count in unattended season ticket holders.

·
Registered
7,216 Posts
yeah. You wont see a sold out MLB game outside a weekend series unless its against a premier team/ or arch rival (Boston, NYYankees), they are giving away something, or the game is in New York, Boston, or at Wrigley Field.

·
Registered
558 Posts
i don’t suppose any could find the average attendance figures of MLB team by team it would be interesting to compare. im not sure if i read it right but i read somewhere on one of the forums that there is an MLB team that averages 13,000 which seems extermely low for american sport.

·
Registered
328 Posts
i don’t suppose any could find the average attendance figures of MLB team by team it would be interesting to compare. im not sure if i read it right but i read somewhere on one of the forums that there is an MLB team that averages 13,000 which seems extermely low for american sport.
2008:
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/attendance

2007:
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/attendance?sort=home_avg&year=2007&seasonType=2

2006:
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/attendance?sort=home_avg&year=2006&seasonType=2

Interesting that this year National League teams comprise 13 of the top 17 teams in terms of attendance.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That might be Tempa Bay Devil Rays which is one of 30 MLB Clubs

·
Registered
558 Posts
cheers for that makes for interesting reading are there are any reasons behind why the teams at the bottom having low attendances or is it just because they are rubish. also interesting that from my basic baseball knowledge generally as far as i know the teams in the top 10 all have a long franchise history. sorry to sounds stupid but whats the difference between the national league and the american league? all i know is the winner of both leagues play against one another in the world series and that until recently they didn't play eachother in the regular season

·
Registered
328 Posts
National League and American League are the two main divisions of MLB. They are slight rules differences between them (in the National League the pitcher bats, but in the American League the pitcher's spot in the batting order is taken by a separate "designated hitter"). Up until a few years ago, they didn't play against one another except for the World Series, and even had separate umpire crews. Now they play a few games each year against teams from the other. IMHO the old way was better. Back then it made for two distinct styles of play and umpiring, but nowadays there's not as much difference (except for the DH rule difference).

Except for the teams with the most die hard fan bases (mainly the NY Yankees, St. Louis Cardinals, LA Dodgers, Chicago Cubs, Boston Red Sox), attendence will fluctuate depending on how good the team is.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts