SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cincinnati to demolish Pogue's Garage, build 30-story tower

The city of Cincinnati is planning to build a 30-story mixed-use high-rise at the site of the existing Pogue's Garage in downtown.

City Manager Milton Dohoney revealed the plans for the Fourth and Race Street site during a city council Budget and Finance Committee meeting Tuesday.

The project calls for the renovation of Tower Place Mall into 500 additional parking spaces and street level retail. The city is working with JDL Warm on this portion of the development.

The city then plans to demolish the existing Pogue's Garage next door, and to replace it with 300 luxury apartments, 1,000 parking spaces, a 15,000-square-foot grocery store. The grocery store would be new to the Cincinnati market.

·
Registered
273 Posts

·
3,705 Posts
While it's unfortunate that the building has been downsized, it still looks like a solid infill project. It looks like it has good street presence, great project for Cincinnati!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Certainly going to add to the canyon-like effect down there. Everyone gets excited about how many new highrises are going up in their cities, but Cincinnati has the density and street level activity that most cities in the Midwest can only try and emulate.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I really like buildings of this size, except in Washington (my home) where almost *all* of downtown is this size. When the whole place is one size, variety and interest are destroyed.

·
Pro Web Slinger
903 Posts
I really like buildings of this size, except in Washington (my home) where almost *all* of downtown is this size. When the whole place is one size, variety and interest are destroyed.
Your comment makes me think of pre-1980's Philly. Until 1 Liberty came along the skyline looked like it was just a single mega-building.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts