SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Follow on Facebook
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Over the last month I have been around the city taken photos here and there. With my busy work schedule I am just getting a chance to process and upload these to share with the SSC community. All photos were taken with my new Nikon D300.

·
Loyola University
907 Posts
Very nice!

·
Cory
3,403 Posts
The Ascent is a fantastic building! It looks great from DT. I wish that someone would get beyond the boring "box" in Indy and build something like that here.

·
Registered
10,091 Posts
Spectacular pics!

I love downtown Cincy ... except for those dorky-looking lampposts (the tall, globular ones). I'm sure they were considered cutting-edge in their time.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
AWESOME PIX!!!! Cincinnati is looking real good as always. I think its been a bit overlooked and thats a shame.
Understatement of the millennium.

Cincinnati outclasses most other cities. Eventually, the rest of the nation will understand this. As it is, Cincy simply confuses and confounds the coastal media. They simply don't know how to approach it ever since WKRP went off the air.

A city of such monumental, historical importance to our nation's history is virtually absent from the national mind.....for the time being.........

Awesome thread.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Looks great Cincy! Those CBD shots are looking real good. Cleaner than in the past. They're definitely doing a lot to spruce things up. It'll be good to see the Banks project start coming out of the ground. Cheers!! :Cheers:

·
Follow on Facebook
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Globill do you live in Cincinnati and if so, how could you spell the city name wrong in the location under your avatar? That is such a pet peeve of locals.

This year will be five years in Cincinnati, it has been a fantastic place to live and raise a family.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
no, I was born there and still have family in the area, so have visited often through the years.

Apologies on the spelling, but honestly, it's a tough spell.

·
SoCal Hal
1,157 Posts
Globill do you live in Cincinnati and if so, how could you spell the city name wrong in the location under your avatar? That is such a pet peeve of locals.

This year will be five years in Cincinnati, it has been a fantastic place to live and raise a family.

Only went through on a bus when I was 18. The bus station seemed to be in a horrible area. But that was 16 years ago.

By these photos, it seems to have turned itself back around. Nice revitalization.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts