Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Ciragan Palace Hotel Kempinski is situated on the European shores of the Bosphorus in a very convenient location between the districts of Besiktas and Ortakoy,a 45 minute drive from the airport.

Within close walking distance of the Hotel is the harbourside district of Ortakoy,a fascinating area full of seafood restaurants,specialty antique,ceramic and jewellery shops.
On the weekends there's a colourful street market with a fine selection of Turkish handcrafts in a delightful setting beside the famed Ortakoy Mosque.

Close to this area are some of Istanbul's most famous open-air restaurants and nightclubs.

Hotel

Once the residence of the last Ottoman Sultans, the Ciragan Palace Hotel Kempinski İstanbul is the only hotel situated directly on the European shores of the Bosphorus.

As the first member of the Leading Hotels of the World in Turkey, The Ciragan Palace Hotel Kempinski İstanbul is actually two hotels: the restored Sultan’s Palace itself and a grand deluxe hotel featuring five star luxury.

You can enjoy the privilege of hotel's private grounds with royal gardens, seaside promenade and panoramic views, a perfect oasis in the center of the city.

The hotel's award winning culinary team will enliven your senses in any one of the half dozen signature restaurants. ( Laledan; World cuisine – Tuğra; Modern Turkish and classical Ottoman cuisine and more.)

Newly renovated guest accomodation and well appointed palace suites ensure the utmost in both luxury and comfort.

Airport transfer service by their private fleet whether by limousine, helicopter, or motor yacht allows you to begin your Ciragan experience the moment you step into this majestic city.

·
Registered
18,119 Posts
Well, I've been once in this hotel and it wasn't that impressive. I guess you have to book an amazing suite like on the pictures cuz our rooms were kind of usual. But the palace itself is so fantastic and the café serves the most delicious baklavas! ,)

·
re re re ra ra ra
4,737 Posts
I was very impressed when I went here, very elegant and luxurious...I wish I had stayed the night! :D

·
Registered
585 Posts
i was there in 1991(just for tea and cakes) as a guest of a very rich Turkish family, an old guy involved in the tin mining industries.

He was very posh. I remember he took us to the Swiss Otel for lunch, then this place for tea and cakes, then we went for a walk in Yildiz park (i think where the crazy sultan lived, yeah?)

Okay, so it's not exactly on topic, but when i was at this posh guy's house, (his name was turgut bey) i met his father who was 104 years old!!!!!!!

yes - 104 years old!

It was an honour to meet such an old man and understand what he had seen during his life. He had seen the Empire become a republic! He had seen . . . . everything!

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
abdulhamit the 2nd was crazy enough to mention too :hahaha:

·
Registered
585 Posts
not sure guys!

one of the last sultans, early twentieth century, the totally paranoid one :crazy:

anyway, it was a beautiful park but i think what Istanbul needs now, is a new ultra-cool, ultra-modern green space - a new lung for the city.

·
re re re ra ra ra
4,737 Posts
Thanks System. :eek:kay: I love this place...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts