SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Gotta lite?
7,327 Posts
^ Saturn is just a single store, not a mall with competing companies, which partly explains why they are so expensive. I use Saturn to browse at products, pick them up, have a look, but will never buy there as their staff are so rude and prices so high. I then go either to another smaller shop and buy, or order online.

Frankfurt doesn't have any technology specific malls, unless there are some in the metro area I don't know about.

·
Lurker
6,063 Posts
The closest thing we have is the swap meet at the town hall on the second Sunday of each month. :)

The problem with these technology based malls is that a lot of the items you buy are way too bulky.

The only places I buy computer parts from are online stores or places that are little more than a warehouse with a desk at the front. That way, I know that I'm not wasting money paying for their rent.

·
Registered
12,972 Posts
Yodobashi Akihabara in Tokyo

33,000m2 (the area for electronics is roughly 70% of that figure though)

·
37,236 Posts
PotatoGuy said:
haha, yeah..

I had no idea people devoted entire malls to computers, wow
It's very common in Asia especially in HK where there are several computer and electronic related malls.

Golden Arcade is one of the most infamous since it's common for software piracy and police raids are frequent here.

·
Gotta lite?
7,327 Posts
I don't know of any technology "malls" in London or it's metro, but in central London there is the urban equivilent of Tottenham Court Road. In London, many streets often specialize in certain products. Charing Cross Road is famous for book stores, Denmark Street is almost entirely filled with music stores (selling instruments) and Tottenham Court Road (the southern end) is almost exclusively electronic stores, all side by side competing with each other, pretty much the same deal as an electronics mall but with the added benifit of a real outdoor urban setting.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
WANCH said:
It's very common in Asia especially in HK where there are several computer and electronic related malls.

Golden Arcade is one of the most infamous since it's common for software piracy and police raids are frequent here.
Golden Arcade is interesting

·
Registered
334 Posts
The closest thing to a computer mall I can think of in Vancouver is a wing of Crystal Mall in Burnaby, with about a dozen computer stores together. It's a mall with mainly Chinese clients, so that might explain the unusual "computer mall" part, but it's definitely nothing like the huge ones in Asia.

Usually, computer stores around here are really highly dispersed, seeming like they don't want to compete in another store's territory.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.