Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just a question to any of the forumers and what their opinion about any city that has a population of 200,000 and below. Okay meaning is it boring, lame, lifeless or just not a bustling( slowpaced). Or maybe these cities have a flavor about its self and not what some people perceive these cities? It's not about City vs City just about peoples opinions on different towns or cites.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Well I think Galveston Texas has a bustling day/nightlife and overall great city appeal. Besides the usual Brown water, the city is making awesome strides to become better. Also, Baton Rouge is very cool.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Green Bay, WI (100,000 or so) has made some nice strides towards revitalizing its downtown. Duluth, MN (85,000) was very urban and hoppin on my weekend visit, a great natural setting as well.

·
Proud Marylander
553 Posts
Annapolis only has 36,000 but it's by no means a sleepy town. There is always something going on in town. Unfortunately, some of the suburban areas (like Parole) full of chain restaurants and the Annapolis Malls draw some attention away from the city.

·
Registered
456 Posts
okoboji iowa is only 5,000 year round residence. but 100,000 come to there cabins in the summer. the okoboji population is counting spirit lake there like the same town.

·
18,281 Posts
wilmington has a city population of 72,000 (metro population 630,000). a lot of people think wilmingtn is boring, including many young residents of the metro area. while it's true wilmington isn't as exciting as nearby cities like philly, baltimore, washingotn dc, or new york city, i think it's very nice. i also think that of all of the smaller cities in the united states, wilmington might have the best culture, character, history, and persona of any of them. wilmington has a little bit of baltimore in it, a little bit more of philly in it, but is uniquely delawarean.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bethesda Maryland has a population of 55, 277 that's what the 2000 census said but that was six years ago. The city/town is very viberant and bustling it has alot of things to do.

·
Proud Marylander
553 Posts
^I loved Bethesda. I was there for, I guess you could say, my first time this spring and it's a really nice place. It exemplifies a city in some ways, despite coming across as just a suburb to many people. It's really dense in parts, has plenty of shops and restaurants, and is very walkable, giving the impression that it has some urban feel to it. Lots of pedestrian activity. It's a nice place.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Roanoke is around 100,000 and the streets in DT are very busy all parts of the day, but usually isnt the case after about 11 pm.

·
Paradise Island
3,743 Posts
Every time I am in Syracuse I wonder why it isn't growing like Madison or Austin. Probably because of the screwed up NY state tax/political structure. It is a cool town though.

·
Front Range expatriate
1,046 Posts
Fort Collins, CO is a thriving city of 125,000. IMO, the best area on Colorado's Front Range.

·
registered boozer
1,090 Posts
Somnifor said:
Every time I am in Syracuse I wonder why it isn't growing like Madison or Austin. Probably because of the screwed up NY state tax/political structure. It is a cool town though.
holy hit the nail on the head batman, :bash:
thats why none of upstate ny's cities are growing.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts