SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which are the cities worldwide with extreme weather???

Por instance:

Kuwait, (average summer temperature, 45ºC).
Yakutsk, (average winter temperatura -42ºC).

·
39,706 Posts
Dosen't Moscow have fairly extreme weather? Bitterly cold spells in winter and very warm spells in summer.

·
Banned
4,572 Posts
Pretty much any city on the American Gulf Coast, East Coast, the Mexican Coast, and the Carribean are at risk for hurricanes. Miami seems to get hit with one all the time---plus, like New Orleans--its very hot and humid.

For my city--I guess I could consider it somewhat of having extreme weather. Its one of the coldest major American cities and has some nasty humidity in summer sometimes. We also get tornados and floods.

G

·
Even this guy thought the same :hahaha:

Alex Potter from south Birmingham said he felt two tremors, both of which began with a "boom" sound. "My immediate thought was, ‘Oh God. They’ve bombed Birmingham’. My windows shook, my chair shook, the whole thing shook."

·
Registered
62 Posts
In Chicago we can have high temperatures in the summer of 35 C or 95 F., and in the winter highs as cold as of -13C. Talk about extreme. Alot of the Midwest and Great Plains of the US is like this.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Definetely not GUADALAJARA.

During the summer: 25º - 33º ( it doesn't last long because the raining starts and gets all the climate to a fresh start ( JUNE - SEPTEMBER) and during our cold times 2º - 10º
It is really weird if we ever get below zero, but once we even got snow

·
Premium Member
18,785 Posts
If you mean seasonal extremes in a single city then continental Eurasian and North American cities like Chicago, Moscow etc would surely be up there. I suppose pretty much anywhere inland in the higher latitude areas of both continents will experience very cold winters and hot summers. maybe somewhere like Ulan Bator would be the 'worst'? I certainly know the Gobi desert swings from -40C to +40C seasonally.

·
Optimum
9,977 Posts
Extreme? Winnipeg is one of the most famous example.

Here are some other cities which you might consider extreme:
Minneapolis-St. Paul, Saskatoon, Fargo, Regina, Edmonton, Milwaukee, Fairbanks AK, Yellowknife (a rather small city).

·
25,350 Posts
SE9 said:
Dosen't Moscow have fairly extreme weather? Bitterly cold spells in winter and very warm spells in summer.
No. Average January temp in Moscow is -8C. Usual daytime temp in January is -4C - +2C. Usual daytime in July is about +30C.

·
Registered
854 Posts
coth said:
No. Average January temp in Moscow is -8C. Usual daytime temp in January is -4C - +2C. Usual daytime in July is about +30C.
In Moscow, average daytime maximum temp in January is about -6°C. In July, around +23°C.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
We have gone from a low temperature of 2C earlier this month (about two weeks ago), to an expected high of 33C this coming weekend her in Chicago. I would say that's pretty extreme.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts