Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
What fucking bullshit, this has to be the most pathetic piece of shit to be pulled from the arse of the current government. As if asking a bunch of lame questions will help people intergrate, or weed out radicals, rather than being merely another monumental waste of dosh to appease the Andrew Bolt-reading, Today Tonight-watching cretinous fucking retards that infect this country at every level. Particularly fucked considering none of those tards would be able to answer the test themselves.

Oh, and I got 19, I refuse to acknowledge Judeo-Christian tradition as the foundation of our values, whatever the **** they are. What happened to common law and the enlightenment? Pathetic, more appeasement to religious freaks as well, this government needs to be turfed out ASAP.

·
Banned
419 Posts
WAT THE FUK WAS THAT! THAT WAS IMPOSSIBLE! I FAILED! What the hell is a coat of arms!!!!!!!!?

National flower? since when?

biggest river system?

where did the aussies fight which war? who fkn knows that?

Judeo-christian?? i thought we were secular.

Thats fukd.
3050 - AUS HAS GROWN BY 3 IMMIGRANTS.

·
1,034 Posts
got 1 wrong.....it's a good test, i like it.

i like the based on judeau- christian tradition.....that wat made us wat we are today. i'd hate to see what a country would be if it would founded on secularism.

cheers

·
Overwatch Nexus
1,865 Posts
What garbage. The ability of someone to be able to answer these questions proves absoloutly nothing. And what is with the religious "values" question that this country is based on?? This isn't the United States, we don't have a history of a close ties of church and state, it's just another underhanded way of sneaking Christianity into what some people think our value system (and ultimatly our laws) should be based on. Totally irrelevant.

·
Registered
80 Posts
This patronising test will only deter some people from choosing Australia as a place to migrate to, even if they could easily have passed it. Knowing my dad, if this test had been in place in the 1980s, there's a good chance I would have grown up in a different country.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
WAT THE FUK WAS THAT! THAT WAS IMPOSSIBLE! I FAILED! What the hell is a coat of arms!!!!!!!!?

National flower? since when?

biggest river system?

where did the aussies fight which war? who fkn knows that?

Judeo-christian?? i thought we were secular.

Thats fukd.
3050 - AUS HAS GROWN BY 3 IMMIGRANTS.
So you don't know what a coat of arms is, what a national flower is, or what our longest river is, but you are outraged that we are not classed as secular??

You haven't got me fooled, mate. :lol:

·
Registered
683 Posts
What fucking bullshit, this has to be the most pathetic piece of shit to be pulled from the arse of the current government. As if asking a bunch of lame questions will help people intergrate, or weed out radicals, rather than being merely another monumental waste of dosh to appease the Andrew Bolt-reading, Today Tonight-watching cretinous fucking retards that infect this country at every level. Particularly fucked considering none of those tards would be able to answer the test themselves.

Oh, and I got 19, I refuse to acknowledge Judeo-Christian tradition as the foundation of our values, whatever the **** they are. What happened to common law and the enlightenment? Pathetic, more appeasement to religious freaks as well, this government needs to be turfed out ASAP.
Here here.

This was only created to appease Howard's *******, religious nut voter base.

Thank **** he'll be gone by the end of the year.

·
Registered
59 Posts
God you guys are such drama queens - Australia is one of the few countries who DO NOT have a test already in place!

Canada www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/
USA www.uscitizenship.org/
UK www.lifeintheuktest.gov.uk/htmlsite/self_10.html
Denmark www.denmark.dk/portal/page?_pageid=374,610566&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL&ic_itemid=901707

Germany is developing one as well
16/20, is that enough to become Australian? There's so many other things you need to know and have I don't think people thinking about migrating to Australia will be stopped by such a test.

The German one is nice, too. There's a thousand things that I would never be able to answer. And then again it's just learning those things to pass the test. It got nothing to do with integrating better into the society. People from a different cultural background will face different and more important problems then the Coat of Arms.

·
26,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Remember, permenant residents get the same rights as citizens from what I understand. Citizens is just a certificate to show that you love the country essentially. Having someone not become a citizen doesn't mean they can't stay in the country for the rest of their life.

The test requires a 60% pass mark with 3 questions (I don't know which ones) are compulsory to be answered correctly.

·
Registered
849 Posts
i like the based on judeau- christian tradition.....that wat made us wat we are today. i'd hate to see what a country would be if it would founded on secularism.
Actually, you're completely wrong, we are a secular country. As much as Howard and Abbott try and change that fact, the separation of religion and state is quite prominent in our laws and values. When was the last time you heard a prayer said in Parliament?? (other than John Howard's well timed prayer for rain).

The thing that is so disgusting about a question like this is that it is saying that if your values aren't based on the judeo-christian tradition, you don't have Australian values. FFS, on that basis - any Aboriginal who's values are based on their traditional cultural belief does not have Australian values!!

And if our values are so Judeo-Christian, why is divorce legal, and completely acceptable. Why are defacto relationships also legal and acceptable. Why does the majority of the community support gay rights?????

In any case, look up the dictionary meaning:

VALUES
"the beliefs people have about what is right and wrong and what is most important in life, which control their behaviour"]

So please define how an Australian's definition of what's right and wrong is unique. The fact is, the correct answer could have been..

E. All of the above and some.

·
26,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
^^ I am pretty sure all levels of Government begin with a prayer.

It is also important to note that our Constitution was written by people who prayed and fasted about what to write.

I know there are many aspects of our society that are not Christian, and that now we are a Secular society, but the predominate religion that we take most of our ethics and laws from are Christian. The laws have evolved over time and many politicians are not Judeo-Christian and the people they represent are not either - hence the divorce, de-facto relationships etc.

Remember, the question asks what we are based on, not what we practice.

·
Overwatch Nexus
1,865 Posts
God you guys are such drama queens - Australia is one of the few countries who DO NOT have a test already in place!

Canada www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/
USA www.uscitizenship.org/
UK www.lifeintheuktest.gov.uk/htmlsite/self_10.html
Denmark www.denmark.dk/portal/page?_pageid=374,610566&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL&ic_itemid=901707

Germany is developing one as well
Whats your point? It's one thing to ask a bunch of history questions, but ambiguous questions on "values"? Whose values exactly are we being tested on? Stick to the history of the country, and leave the subjective questions out.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts