SkyscraperCity banner

1881 - 1900 of 2637 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Unrelated to updates,
I found comparison of train capacity for different train setups (4/3 cars and different trains configurations). An interesting datapoint to the capacity conversation. Note that Cityring trains are variation 3, and the 2 extra trains ordered for M1/M2 are variation 4. Metro expects that the longitudinal seating will provide less capacity than even the original M1/M2 train configuration (variation 1) - I'd thing that is not true, but, I guess we'll see when the new trains enter service. :

This is from page 232 of the report.
Wow. Yeah, that's... Not congruent with my experience. Longitudinal seating allows for WAY more standing passengers, at least from what I've seen...

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Wow. Yeah, that's... Not congruent with my experience. Longitudinal seating allows for WAY more standing passengers, at least from what I've seen...
I presume their assumption / expectation is that the seats will physically take the same amount of space as Variation 3, but because seated people are facing in, they need space for knees and feet which will eat into the standing room. So ... I could see the expectation that Variant 3 will have the highest capacity. But no clue how they arrived as it being worse than the original configuration -- I also expect this calculation may have been updated in the last 13 years.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I wish they would build such a solution on the M6, between Islands Brygge and Kalvebod Brygge. It would add an extra connection across the harbour, without building another bridge.
Helt enig, og jeg har tænkt samme tanke. Dog ikke helt samme løsning, da havnen er noget bredere og dybere på det her sted, så det ville blive en noget dybere station. Men det ville også sagtens kunne lade sig gøre med en dyb station (måske forlænget en smule) og lange rulletrapper i hver ende.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Metro station ved Enghave Brygge

Helt enig, og jeg har tænkt samme tanke. Dog ikke helt samme løsning, da havnen er noget bredere og dybere på det her sted, så det ville blive en noget dybere station. Men det ville også sagtens kunne lade sig gøre med en dyb station (måske forlænget en smule) og lange rulletrapper i hver ende.
Den løsning ville have været fantastisk for os på Teglholm siden.
Har ledt efter de endelige tegninger på hvordan Enghave Brygge Station kommer til at se ud under jorden. Nogen der har et link ?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Den løsning ville have været fantastisk for os på Teglholm siden.
Har ledt efter de endelige tegninger på hvordan Enghave Brygge Station kommer til at se ud under jorden. Nogen der har et link ?
I have not seen the final drawings of what it is they are building ... I looked. But maybe someone else knows

·
Mod nye projekter
8,930 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I have a new acquaintance in my Danish class who's an architect on this - and he's mentioned that opening all stations next summer may be a stretch. But he was mostly pointing to the usual suspects like Marmorkirken as the ones that are struggling.

I think opening the line with some gaps is a great way to go ... I am sure the extra programming to skip a station .. plus the constraints on workers working on stations while the line is running will slow down work and make it expensive .. but at least the other stations are not sitting empty unused.

·
Registered
312 Posts
A couple of weeks ago I heard from someone working on Cityringen (but not high up) that the unofficial aim is (still) opening the 29th of July next summer, and the Queen had been asked to keep the date open. But not to expect every station to be ready from the beginning and that there are apparently a couple of big tests/deadlines coming up here in October.

It was over beers in a crowded room though, so take it for what it's worth.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Copenhagen Metro City Ring delayed again – report.

Two of the 17 stations won’t be fully functional at the time of next summer’s opening, reports Berlingske

http://cphpost.dk/news/copenhagen-metro-city-ring-delayed-again-report.html

The remaining two stations, Poul Henningsens Plads in Østerbro and nearby Østerport, won’t be finished until the autumn of 2019 and the spring of 2020 respectively.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Went to Rådhuspladsen metro station your for Kulturnatten and was a bit disappointed --we were only allowed at the mezzanine level and there was nothing much to see .. (also it was dark, so bunch of the photos did not turn out great.

going down the main stairwell - cladding is in place

At the bottom of the stairs, to the left there is a big chamber not sure for what.

Elevator shaft - no elevators yet

No skylights yet

·
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,900
Sharper rendering of the Havneholmen station.

Still pretty disappointed about most of these artworks - not the actual artists but the outlined scope from the Metro company. Even though they claim this is the first time art has ever been integrated into the construction phase - all these artworks could, in theory, be added on each of the existing stations.

It's great they don't change the overall design direction just for the sake of it but I would love to see some more creative wall claddings - even though the Circle Line, and to their credit, seems to have some really high quality materials.

Just imagine what Olafur Eliasson could do with one of these stations and their giant skylights.

Oh well...

1881 - 1900 of 2637 Posts