SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A 20 storey tower linked to a 10 storey block adjacent to the NV Buildings and opposite the Lowry Centre at Salford Quays

Developer: City Lofts
Architect: Conran and Partners

Picture by dirtyred 16/05/05 indicates groundworks have started on this development.

[EDIT to indlude latest, full-size render]

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
This should be a great addition to the Quay's, looking at the City Loft's scheme in the Prince's Dock L'pool,this will be just as good.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
The original ones were truely dire.
I quite like the new design.
Their High Street scheme is quality (Chris's house...party I hear you cry?)

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks cotton but I think those renders are the previous version. The latest is the one on my initial post which are much, much better looking although the basic shape will be similar. There used to be a larger, daytime one knocking around but like I say its disppeared since Citylofts changed their website.

All cityloft building in Manchester have been class so far - Chruch St, 38 High Street and Vantage Quay. I'm sure this one'll be just as good.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here we are.

The quality of design evident in City Lofts Salford Quays exterior, full-height glazing, aluminium panels, slate walls, white render and timber cladding is carried through to the attention to detail within the apartments themselves.

The majority of apartments have south or west facing living rooms, with balconies to most with dockside elevations and, elsewhere, floor to ceiling windows. Six top floor apartments have access to extensive roof terraces.
Salford Quays is firmly established as a cultural hub of the north-west – a critical mass of art, entertainment, retail and leisure venues in a thriving waterfront quarter. Now two linked 19 and 9-storey residential towers, developed by City Loft Developments and designed by architects Conran & Partners, bring that confident landscape to life for people who want to live independent, high-energy lives against a background of light and space, air and water.
This should be a very nice development enhanced by quality cladding too, by the sounds of things.

·
Registered
13,909 Posts
There should be quite a nice new cluster on that side of the water when all three NV's and this are complete, and assuming that the Harbour City towers are approved.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I've just been reading the planning application and it does look quite well thought out. Inspired by Milans Pirelli Building and Paris Tour Montparnasse, apparently. 61m tall, half way between Sovereign Point and the NVs.

·
John 3:16
5,183 Posts
Sales Office

The citylofts sales office onsite is almost complete. I was only down the Quays 2 weeks ago and noticed that groundworks had started. The site is coming on well with the sales office being worked on and the citylofts boarding is now wrapped around the site.

Oh and I noticed we have a 2nd crane going up at Old Trafford.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Don't mind that new render.

There was a half page ad in todays Sunday Times announcing first phase released for sale on 16th June. I don't know the area at all, but with the volume of apartments going up it must be developing quite rapidly.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Theres an article in today's MEN ,showing a sculpture that is going to be installed next to the City Lofts development,looks great,i have'nt got a scanner ,, jrb might post it later :)

·
Salford Red
1,561 Posts
Site and its wider context today.

·
Like 'Berg'
6,742 Posts
I think it will turn out better than the NV's... I just really despise white cladding, it looks so cheap

·
wind-up merchant
15,971 Posts
I like the way all these building are going up one at time. You have the Nav's going up one by and just when you its all over another its just about to pop up next to it. Keeps it all intresting, lets just hope it keeps going.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Always thought the NVs were among the better finished and detailed of our recent buildings, apart from their backs which are just bland.

·
Salford Red
1,561 Posts
andysimo123 said:
I like the way all these building are going up one at time. You have the Nav's going up one by and just when you its all over another its just about to pop up next to it. Keeps it all intresting, lets just hope it keeps going.
Yeah, I like the way that all the building projects are just so different from each other. Makes it interesting to look at.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts