SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 364 Posts

·
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would be the first person to say 'this is a bit late in the day' the tallest of the 2 blocks is now up to 14 floors, but the more I see of this building the more I like it, and that's why I think it should have it's own thread. The only regret I have is that it is not at least 30 stories high!!!

The site does occupy a brilliant location on the corner of Princes Dock, the building itself combines rounded corners with sharp angular shapes, the colour of the cladding (I think it has been previously described as Portland) is perfect, a lesson for other developers to follow. Now that the form of the building is taking shape the balconies are emerging and on the elevation facing the river there appears to be a terrace on the 1st floor, could it be a bar/pub?? if it is top marks because I think it will provide fantastic views over the river. I think this building is an excellent addition to Liverpool's waterfront.

Some photos from March '05

Apr '05, standing close to the building you get a real sense of its quality.

·
Fugly
11,296 Posts
I do like City Lofts, and agree it could do with another ten mikes. I do like its nice curvy arse too. :cheers:

·
Liverpool, England.
12,595 Posts
Great photos Doug. The development is advertised as mixed-use and I think there will be a bar / restaurant on the ground floor and some office space as well. It will be fairly lonely when first opened but with the Malmaison, Alexandra Tower and whatever new developments are likely to go ahead in the next year or two, that should not be for long.

Good idea to start a thread, it is a pretty major development and one we would be really excited about when sscity first started, now we don't notice anything under 25 mikes.

·
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Martin, I thought the thread would also make sense when directed from your development summary.

There is still a lot of open space down on Princes Dock and also on the Waterloo Dock , a couple of towers would look great there!!

·
Liverpool + Urmston
7,290 Posts
Could be Benidorm.......

Doug those close-up shots are stunning, this will be a superb develoment,love the "portland " cladding looks much better than some of the renders we have seen published
From a distance with those balconys it could be an apartment block in Benidorm :)

·
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ta!! Woody, I seem to remember some of the earlier images of this development showed a kind of orange maybe light brown cladding, this is looking great.

·
366 Posts
Doug Roberts said:
Ta!! Woody, I seem to remember some of the earlier images of this development showed a kind of orange maybe light brown cladding, this is looking great.
Doug, great pics yet again.

Got to agree with you. The quality of this develpoment is now beginning to show and as you say, the quality inceases as you close in.

I wonder what this area will look like in ten years time?

·
Registered
76 Posts
at first i thought it looked a bit council blockish but it looks great in construction. Is it the same thing as the renders i have seen??

·
Cork 2005
2,223 Posts
Seems to be looking alot better than the renders we have seen, a welcome addition to princes dock. well done Doug an excellent days work!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Great shots in the setting sun Doug:D
A summery feel now as the development nears topping out stage. Did you see any activity at the Malmaison site out of interest?

1 - 20 of 364 Posts