SkyscraperCity Forum banner

City/Metropolitan & Airport Rapid Transportation for Greater Colombo - MRT | BRT | LRT |

20416 Views 51 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  ObiWanKenobi
dear friends i am starting a new thread here to voice for the sake of
of efficient public transport system to metro colombo since there no transparency on status of this very important project which is the only
solution for mad traffic we encounter in colombo..so my dear friend line up
for this project and create public awareness on this why iam telling this
anti lobbying for this project had been already begun by malicious elements..come on guys without this we cant achieve world class city
status.so please start debate on this subject..
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
outward expansion of the city :- this is one of the main reason we need a MRT. Yes now Colombo city limit is too small but MRT don't have to be limited to city limits. in fact it shout go throw in to suburbs and beyond to get the full potential.

Singapore is the size of western province. They open their first MRT in 1987 when the population was only 2.2 million people which is the same amount of people i believe now living in Colombo district.
I think outward expansion of the city is more appropriate solution rather than MRT inside a densely populated area like Singapore.

Singapore does not have the space, sri lanka has plenty of open space.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.