Abuja has several public parks , here is one of them

small theme park

landscape outside of Abuja

...TO BE CONTINUED
:)

·
Indústria da Multa S.A.
6,320 Posts
Analisando somente pelas fotos postadas desta cidade, me parece ser infinitamente melhor que Lagos.

·
Banned
Pátria amada, Bahia!
13,370 Posts
Nice. I saw some pics of this city in a few years ago and I could see it's growing fast, many buildings U/C. very good.

E eu tenho que concordar que é a Brasília da África. Lembra muito brasilia em alguns aspectos.

·
Ela olha no olho...
6,517 Posts
Nice. I saw some pics of this city in a few years ago and I could see it's growing fast, many buildings U/C. very good.

E eu tenho que concordar que é a Brasília da África. Lembra muito brasilia em alguns aspectos.
o torneirinha ta todo internacional :lol:

·
22°52'S 47°03'W
20,676 Posts
Parece uma mistura de Brasília (na organização espacial) com Belo Horizonte (com a serra e os morros em volta). E ficou ótima! A Nigéria certamente se espelhou no exemplo brasileiro, tirando a capital do litoral e colocando-a numa posição mais próxima ao centro geográfico do país.

E Abuja é cidade-irmã de Brasília. :eek:kay:

·
502 Posts
Since you´re asking what do I think about it, I have to say it seems to be a good city, specially in african levels.

But in the other hand, I see another country changing the capital to the center. I don't like it. For me Brasília is one of the biggest brazilian mistakes, not because of the city, wich is gorgeous, but because the political center moved away from the actual country center, what makes the government to live in a "different country".

·
22°52'S 47°03'W
20,676 Posts
Brasilia was built in the 1950´s, right?
Matthias, sorry for some errors in my English. I'm not used to write in English, but I must try. :)

That's right.
Brasília was built between 1956 and 1960. But installation was complete only in the 1970's. And some public companies and institutions are still headquartered in Rio de Janeiro.

Abuja was built in the 70´s/early 1980´s...but its true construction started in mid 1995!
There were plans for a longer construction process in Brasília ... some people wanting to build it in 15 or 20 years, but president Juscelino Kubitschek (1902-1976) wanted it ready before finishing his 5-year term. He did it...Brasília was completed in April 21, 1960...he could stay in Brasília for 9 months during his term.

Having a geographically centralized capital in Brazil was a dream since when this country was a colony of Portugal, the 1st Marquis of Pombal proposed it in 1761. Since 1891, building the capital in the center of the country was a goal written in Brazilian Constitution. The place was chose in 1894. The fundamental stone was launched in 1922 (100th anniversary of Brazil's independence). That was all I had to say about it.

And I compared Abuja to Belo Horizonte because is also a planned city (only downtown region) and have hills bordering the city, too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts