SkyscraperCity Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

· City Reformist
5,441 Posts
Thank you Blue Sky for posting Sby photos which are hard to get in the internet. However, the photos which show Tunjungan CBD (2nd photo) is actually Basuki Rahmat. And it will be more appropriate to put just Sby CBD instead of Tunjungan CBD. Tunjungan is just part of Sby CBD. I'm not sure, however, if they start calling Tunjungan CBD lately. But imo, I do not think so.

· City Reformist
5,441 Posts
^Wisma Dharmala... Well, Graha Pena is another office bldg but do not know the grade. Surabaya still lacks office buildings. That BRI Tower is built in the early 90s.
Sad that Jkt got almost all office bldgs... but imo Sby has the best skyline after Jkt compare to other big cities. What you think?

Here is Wisma Dharmala Surabaya website:

http://www.wismadharmalasurabaya.com/index.php

· City Reformist
5,441 Posts
I know this building. A lot of office spaces there are empty because potential tenants don't like the weird floor configuration.
Weird floor configuration?? Is it because of the market demand for office is weak but floor configuration?? The rent is so cheap! could get US$11/square meter!

IMHO Surabaya deserves at least another real office building like Plaza BRI.
Surabaya needs several more... but not sure if there are demand??
I heard that the 'slums' surrounding the BRI Tower actually stand on the land belongs to government.. I'm not sure... but I'd like to see it gone replaced by hi-rise office building. Those 'slums' in the CBD is just an eye sore...

· City Reformist
5,441 Posts
AsiaBoyz, that Graha-SA is also own by Dharmala? Hmm...

firmanhadi, where you live? you seems to know about that Pasar Malam. True.. but I think that Pasar has to be moved. It suppose not to be there, in the middle of the city.

The area in Urip Simoharjo and Embong Malang seriously needs fixing. The alleys and slums and dirty wet market should be moved out... and that is the problem...

· City Reformist
5,441 Posts
There is an empty land there, next to a school and post office. It's in Pemuda... Not sure if this what you mean. I met the person that own it. Exactly, it is his uncle that own it, along with the unfinished Holiday Inn Hotel next to Stand Chart building.

Well, I remember he told me that his uncle stop building Holiday Inn since the mayor wants more bribery money and plus the economic crisis so bad. So, not sure when they are going to continue or will build anything there...

There is probably an empty land close to the edge of Pemuda and Yos Sudarso.. not sure about that..

There are several empty lots, old buildings (including ex of Toko Nam) or unfinised projects during late of 1990's and has became an eyesores to the city.

interesting to see that you live in Chicago... I live in Vancouver...

· City Reformist
5,441 Posts
That is a rare angle shot of BII. Well just found out now they build something nex to BII.. and the building is not that tall and the design seems ugly/dull... what a pity!
I can't believe Sby build many 9-10 stories building and just not impressive, imo.

· City Reformist
5,441 Posts
OPTX,
Well, will it be on the planned Galeria Tunjungan or ex Metro store? Will you please post it on Surabaya project if you find it? Thanks!
us_lukman, are you in Surabaya now?

· City Reformist
5,441 Posts
Thanks Lukman for posting many Surabaya pictures.
I remember I saw the rendering for TP IV. Originally they plan to built 3 stars hotel above Sogo. But the crisis came and they cancelled it. The rendering showed up on Jawapos newspaper back in the 1996/7... So, if there is such rendering found and can be posted here, that will be great, though I think it is very, very hard to find it!

· City Reformist
5,441 Posts
lukman,
where is that building own by Sinar Galaxy located? Cause it is new and I never see it.
Amazing how you could get all these difficult to find pictures of Sby!
If you can find the original rendering of TP IV. I believe it is super difficult! I saw the original rendering on Jawapos back in 1996.
They originally want to build a 4 star hotel on top of the current TP IV. But the crisis came and they just cancel / postpone it indefinitely...
Thanks for all the posting!

· City Reformist
5,441 Posts
nice photos, fireblaze, and thanks for posting! Well I actually confuse between the Supermall and PTC. They are different but they are combined/connected into one, so it looks as if just 1 big mall.

Please post more CURRENT photos if you have..

· City Reformist
5,441 Posts
thanks for sarkling sby photos.
Duh, pagar kalinya terlihat jelek. Kalo di negara maju bisa pagar besi bagus dgn patung dan lampu. Udah terbuat dari pipa, penyok, semennya tidak rata, asal bangun saja... oh lupa, kalo terbuat dari besi bagus ntar dicopot dan dicuri.. geez.

· City Reformist
5,441 Posts
isn't the statistic said 3 million? or 4 million? I am not sure... but if it is still about 3-4 million, the population is indeed stuck while population of Jakarta really explodes.

· City Reformist
5,441 Posts
With population 3.5 million in 1998 and growth of 2% a year, Surabaya should have more than 4 million population by now. The size from the photo (along with the development it is experiencing right now) coupled with the growth of traffic, I think, confirm the number about 4-5 million is pretty realistic.

But during the day I think there are many population coming from outside, such as Sidoarjo. The traffic on Jl. Ahmad Yani is congested/jammed.

· City Reformist
5,441 Posts
Great photos! I try to identify them, correct me if I'm wrong...
#1 Downtown Surabaya - Basuki Rahmat with Pemuda Street looming behind it.
#2 Golf Course in Gunungsari
#3 Bus Terminal - Bungur Asih
#4 Somewhere around Ahmat Yani with Graha Pena building on the right
#5 Looking toward Wonokromo with Darmo Trade Center on the background
#6 Cemetery - MayJend Sungkono
#7 Graha Pangeran with Cito still u/c
#8 Any row of houses in Surabaya, could be near Juanda

· City Reformist
5,441 Posts
Thanks Lukman for posting! If only the photos are daylight! Because on Basuki Rahmat there is a new "low-rise" building there, not sure what building it is, might be between 5-8 floors...

· City Reformist
5,441 Posts
^If we can put that in the Surabaya construction thread??

On the picture above, there is a new low rise building with cylindrical end. Anybody knows what building is that?

BTW, is it the polluted air or is it the about rain weather that makes the photo looks gloomy?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.